Chapter 16- I'll Put You in Your Place... I'll I Try to Find Mine.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"That was awesome!" I squealed as Tanner and I finished the song. His voice was so amazing. He put so much passion and he closed his eyes when he song like he really meant it. It made me smile to think he was as serious about music as me.

"Thanks. You didn't do to bad yourself." He smirked.

"You got boring again." I pouted.

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"You were all passionate and happy while you were singing and then we finished and you smirked. That ruined it." I crossed my arms.

"Well, I'm sorry. Smirking is in my blood." He shrugged.

"I can tell." I rolled my eyes and got up to walk away. We've been practicing for days and the talent show is three weeks away. We have to practice every day, every time I have music class.

Tanner grabbed my wrist. "I wouldn't go in there if I were you." He said.

"Why not?" I asked.

"'Cause Danni's out there doing her cover song."

"So?" I shrugged. "She never bugged me."

"I don't believe that." He smirked again.

"Well believe it." I scowled at him and then walked out the door.

Danni stood at the front of the room screeching, and I'm not exaggerating, she was screeching "The Boy is Mine." And she looked straight at me as she sang. She knows that something is going on between me and Tanner. I mean who doesn't? This little bitch- knows nothing about me. She's popular, always was. Captain of the cheerleaders and leader of the S.P. (Aka- Slut Pack) I couldn't stand her. So now I know how to put her in her place. When she finished she sat down in her seat and I stood at the front and started to prepare music.

"Riley, you already did your cover song." Teach said.

"Oh I know. Just think of it as..." I looked at Danni and smiled. "Extra credit."

The music started. I flipped my hair over my shoulder and started singing.

La la, la la

You were the popular one, the popular chick It is what it is,

now I’m popular-ish.

Standing on the field with your pretty pompoms

Now you’re working at the movies selling popular corn

I could have been a mess but I never went wrong

Cause I’m putting down my story in a popular song

Ahh,I said I’m putting down my story in a popular song

My problem, I never was a model,

I never was a scholar,but you were always popular

You were singing all the songs

I don’t know Now you’re in the front row

Cause my song is popular

Popular, I know about popular

It’s not about who you are or your fancy car