Chapter 14- The Dance

.

.

.

.

"Who invited her?" I said. My hands were in clenched so tight my knuckles were white.

"I didn't I swear." Natalie assured me.

"Don't look at me! She's a senior! Why would I invite her?" Melissa said.

Danni walked over in her stupid cropped top and mini skirt with 3 inch wedges. "This is such a nice surprise! We can all hang out!"

"Yay for us." I muttered sarcastically.

She linked arms with me and skipped through doors. I tripped every time she skipped and ripped my arm away from hers. She gave me a confused look.

"Sorry, I don't skip." I nodded at her and walked over to my friends.

"Okay so, pedicure, manicure, facial and hair and make up tips." Natalie said as she checked us in.

"Are we getting massages too?" Melissa asked.

"Oh yeah that too." Natalie smiled as we were led down one of the many hallways.

"What about Slutty McBitchface over there?" I motioned to Danni who was looking around the lobby of the spa like it was her first time there.

"Oh relax, it will be fine." Natalie said.

We walked into the nail section, yes a whole section of the spa dedicated to nails. I'm in Heaven. I sat down in one of the chairs and two women walked out of the back. One sat at my feet, and the other beside me.

"Hello, I'm Crysta and this is my sister Tara." She motioned to the women sat at my feet. They were twins.

"Hi." I said with a smile.

"What colour would you like?" Tara asked.

"Well I have this dance tomorrow and I was hoping if I could get colours to match it." I shrugged.

"What colour is the dress?" Crysta asked.

"Well, it's kind of a few shades lighter of a red wine colour." I smiled thinking about how I looked in it.

"Long or short?" Tara asked.

"Kind of about my mid thigh."

"Oh, sounds gorgeous!" Crysta smiled.

"I have the perfect colour for your toes." Tara smiled like her twin.

I closed my eyes and let them begin their work. I sighed happily as I felt all my cares slip away in the soft, slow, comforting music. I was shaken out of it all too quickly by someone thumping down beside me.

"Hi!" Danni yelled.

"Sh!" Crysta and Tara said in unison. I smiled.

"Sorry." Danni said. "Hi." She whispered.

"What?" I said opening one eye to look at her briefly.

"I just wanted to tell you to stay away from my boyfriend."

I cocked an eyebrow. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me." She said sternly.

I opened both my eyes and looked at her. "I have no interests in Tanner. He is not my type. Trust me." I leaned back in my seat and closed my eyes again.

"Just watch your back. If you take him away from me, your life will be hell."

I smirked. "You do that sweetie. Now shush, the grown ups are busy." I heard Crysta snicker.