Chapter 8- Pretend It's Okay

.

.

.

.

.

.

I looked at Melissa with a shocked expression. What does she mean Tanner would have a problem with it? He is just a pervert and he wants nothing to do with me! Right? I mean, he has a girlfriend. Why would he want someone else?

"What are you talking about?" Natalie said.

"I'm talking about the fact that Tanner might have wanted to take Riley over here to the dance." She looked at Natalie with an expression that just said 'duh'.

"Why would he go to the dance with me? We hate each other for one, and he has Danni." I shrugged hoping that would finish this stupid conversation.

"Actually he broke up with Danni earlier today. That's when the rumor started." Melissa pointed out.

"Well, it's just a rumor. I know Tanner doesn't want to go with me." I said sharply. 

I grabbed the door handle of Wilson's car where he was waiting for us. I sat in the passenger seat, Wilson looked at me with concern.

"What?" I asked.

He shook his head and grimaced. "We'll talk at home."

I nodded.

Wilson stuck his head out the window and looked at the other two. "You girls want a ride?" 

Natalie smiled and nodded while Melissa shook her head glumly. "I can't." Melisa said sounding a lot less sad than she looked. "Mason is giving me a ride." She gave a small smile.

"Then go get your ride with him!" I laughed. Melissa smiled and walked away. 

I'm glad to see she has stuff figured out. 'Cause I sure as hell don't.

Wilson pulled up to the front door and I jumped out of the car. I needed to get into some comfy clothes and sleep. I like the sound of just sleeping forever, forgetting about Tanner and Matt and all the stress that's being put on me. Well, I've been asleep for two years; I can't run away forever.

"Riley, meet me in the music room." Wilson whispered to me, making me jump.

I nodded.

I ran upstairs and pulled on my favourite pair of yoga pants and a tank top. I put my hair in a long braid and sighed. I really guess being a teenager is overrated. I heard a knock on the door. I opened the door and examined who stood in front of me. The same red spiked up hair, the same gorgeous blue eyes, the same little crooked smile- wearing a black v-neck fitting him very nicely, and a pair of skinny jeans. I didn't know Tanner wore skinny jeans. The thought made me giggle.

"What's so funny?" Tanner looked at me strangely.

"You- you're wearing skinny jeans." I lost it in a fit of giggling. I don't know why I found it so funny.

"So?"

"You look funny." I bit my lip to try and stop myself from laughing. I started to realize I look like a little five year old but I didn't care. This was to funny not to laugh at- for some reason.

"What are you seven?" He crossed his arms across his chest.

"Actually I'm five and three quarters! I'm turing six and a few weeks." I said in a baby voice.

"Well that was adorable." He smirked.

I stopped laughing. "Why are you here?"

My tone must have been sharp because he looked a little taken aback. "I wanted to ask you something..."