Chapter 2- Confessions and A Bad Boy

Chapter 2

.

.

.

.

Wilson's P.O.V.  (2 years later)

I stood in the same room Riley has stayed in for the past two years of her life. The same white room with the same beeping monitor and the same nurse checking on her every ten minutes.

This isn't what I wanted happen.

It's all my fault she's in here too. I wasn't paying attention and I was too angry with her. She deserved a better brother than me. Hell, even Tanner felt bad. My heart ached for the fact I'll never get to see my baby sister's brown eyes gleam like they did ever again.

They were going to take her off life support today.

It was her sixteenth birthday and my mom stood crying into my dad's shoulder. My dad never forgave me for doing this but my mom said it was the other driver. I still knew it was all my own fault. Her breathing remained steady and her brown hair hung in her face. I just wanted to talk to her before her going. I wanted to make things right.

"Happy Birthday baby girl." My mom sniffed.

"We'll never forget you honey." My dad looked at me and scowled.

"Can I have a moment alone with Riley?"

My dad stiffened.

"Please?"

They both left and I pulled up a chair beside the bed and took Riley's hand. "Hey, Ri." I started. "Jeez, I never thought I would have to do this. Saying good bye to you- forever.... it just breaks my heart. You're the most amazing little sister a guy could get. I never told you that, but better late than never right?" I sighed and ran my free hand through my hair. "I have some confessions to make. I-I really do love you Ri. You meant the world to me, your little wild child spirit made me feel as if you didn't need me, which is why I always played those pranks on you.... I was going to miss you when you left. But I never thought you would leave like this. I thought you would- become famous and change the world. Not.... die. My heart's been breaking ever since they said you might never wake up. Hell, we've all been hurting. Natalie and Mellisa still cry over anything that has to do with you, mom has gotten depressed and dad always blames me for it. I do too, so don't feel bad for me. Tanner misses you too, y'know. Well, he misses playing pranks on you and bugging the hell out of you, but hey- at least he of all people, miss you. I guess I never really said anything like this to you when I visited. I just thought you were going to wake up and take what was yours, but now- the doctors have made it pretty clear that you won't do that. What you need to know is that if you come back, I'll be the best big brother I ever could be for you. I would make things right. Because.... you're the reason I haven't run away. You kept me home." I sniffed as a tear rolled down my cheek. "Happy Sixteenth Birthday, Ri. They better throw you one hell of a party up there." I gripped her hand.

"Huh?" She mumbled.

My head shot up as I saw her little brown eyes stare into mine.

Oh my god.

Riley's P.O.V.

I heard the distant voice of my brother. For what felt like a lifetime to me, all I've been able to see was darkness. I've heard my family talking to me but man, was Wilson talking. He told me everything. I wanted to open my eyes and hug him tightly, tell him everything was okay I was back.... even though I don't remember where I went.