Chapter 9: The new girl

A/N HEY GUYS! Just so you know, most of this chapter was written by Petra! Just thought I should say that -Jordyn

Hope you enjoy the chapter!! Btw, thx to Wizzard_1974 for the OC of Ace! -Petra

Ace P.O.V.

"I need money" I think as I lurk around the market. I see two men walking out of the clinic. "They seem pretty wealthy" I think as I approach them. "It's going to be ok Laurance" The blonde boy say to this so called Laurance and wrapped his arm around his shoulder. "I wonder if they're gay?" I think but quickly remembered my mission, get money. I slowly approach the boy with blond hair. As I reach for his pocket he turned around. "What do think your doing?" The boy said grabbing my wrists. "What are you gonna do, punch a girl" I smirk. "No, I'm just asking, what are you doing?" he said. "Why should I tell you?" I say. "You don't have to tell me anything, but why were you pickpocketing me?" He said raising his eyebrows. "Fine. My parents died when I was 13 and I need money to buy food and clothes." I say plainly. The boy looks surprised and ashamed. "I'm so sorry! I never realised-" "It's fine." I say. "They never loved me anyways. No one ever loved me." I say bluntly. "Uh, I'm Garroth, uh, and I'm kind of in a hurry so-" "Just a minute buster." I say stepping towards him. "I told you my backstory, you can at least tell me a little something about yourself." I eye him suspiciously. Then I hear a small squeak of surprise. I almost forgot about the second man. He's practically hiding behind, what's his name again? Oh yeah, Garroth. "You can at least tell me who this is, ha, is he your boyfriend?" I say smirking. It was just a joke, but to my surprise Garroth steps forward and says, "Yes, as a matter of fact he is my boyfriend." I blush a bit. Now it's my turn to feel bad for asking personal questions. The man standing behind him, his boyfriend I guess, brightens a bit hearing that Garroth said he was his boyfriend. "Look, I'm sorry, I was just kidding, I didn't think you were actually-" "No, it's fine." He says cutting me off. "I'm very proud to say I'm his boyfriend." The guy behind Garroth blushes again, but his smile widens. "This is Laurance, we have to head back to Phoenix Drop right now, Katelyn's probably w-" "DID YOU SAY KATELYN?" I cut in. "Uh, yeah, she's a guard at Phoenix Drop, the village we live in-" "TAKE ME WITH YOU!" I cut him off again. He looks at me skeptically. "Are you sure you can make the trip? I mean you are a girl-" What happened after that is not appropriate and should be rated R for physical violence, inappropriate language, and this content may be offensive to some viewers. (A/N LOLOLOL) "Never, Never, imply that I am weak, stupid or not as good as a boy, because I'm going to let you in on a little secret Garroth." I lean in close and whisper in his ear. "I'm better than a boy." I say, then shove him away so he falls on the ground, landing on his butt. He doesn't speak for a while, trying to catch his breath. "I guess this doesn't really give me a choice to bring you along or not?" He asks. "Nope. I'm coming with you." Garroth sighed. "Well, do you have enough money to buy a horse? We only have two horses, unless two of us shared one." He looks at me. "What? You expect me to have money to buy a horse? Why would I be pickpocketing if i had enough money to buy a horse?" Garroth sighs. "I guess Laurance and I can share a horse. Ready to go?" I smirk. "Ready as I ever will be." I notice that Garroth doesn't seem too disappointed about sharing a horse with Laurance. He hoists Laurance on top of the milky white horse, then uses Laurance to pull himself. I get myself up onto the pitch black horse. We're about to leave when Garroth says, "WAIT!" We all stare at him. "I don't even know your name!" He exclaims. I sigh. I was hoping I wouldn't have to tell them. "Look, you can just call me Ace." His expression doesn't change. "Ace? Alrighty then, Ace, are you ready to go meet Phoenix Drop?" He says smirking. I nod curtly. Garroth pats the side of his horse and as it rears and whinnies, Laurance holds on tight to Garroths back. I smile inwardly. They look cute together. I ship it I decide, and gallop away to go meet Katelyn.