Chapter 19: the truth

Ace P.O.V

I was walking around the village with Katelyn in the evening. I was thinking that I needed to tell her about my parents sooner or later. "Hey... Ummm Katelyn?" I ask looking down so I didn't make eye contact with Katelyn. "Yeah... What's up?" She ask looking down at me. "You remember my parents, r-right?" "Oh yeah! Your folks are so great!" She said with a glowing smile.'oh no, I'm gonna crush her' I think to myself. "Well... Ummm you see.... You know how I stopped seeing you?" I ask. "Umm... Yeah?" Katelyn said with a confused expression. "Well, that's 'cause...." I sigh before I continued. "There... D-dead" I say with a shaken voice. The smile on her face slowly turned into a frown. "W-what..?" Her voice as shaken as mine. "My parents are... Dead, they were killed" I say, filling my eyes with tears, but I couldn't let myself cry. ".... When, and how?" She asked looking down at my chest area. "Ummm... They died when I was 13... And I don't know how..." I say, still fighting back tears. Katelyn stood there, tears filling her light blue eyes. Katelyn and my parents were pretty close, so I understand why she's sad. Out of nowhere, she hugged me tightly and started to sob into my shoulder. "H-how do you stay so calm....?" Katelyn say between sobs. "....." I was speechless, I don't know why I was calm... "Umm... I have no idea..." I said, wrapping my arms around her. She just continued to sob.

After about 5 minutes of comforting Katelyn, I waked her back to her place. "Heh... Night Ace..." Katelyn spoke quietly as she walked in her home. "G'night Katelyn" as said before she shut the front door. I hope she's gonna be okay...

A/N hey guys! Sorry for the short chapter... I got like fucking heat stroke or something, so I wanted to get a quick chapter out for y'all!!
Anyways! Hope y'all have a lovely day!
~JORDYN OUT!