19;

*Abby's P.O.V.*

"Come on Matt!" I laughed as he flipped through the packet of ideas for our project.

"I don't know which one I like!" He yelled tossing the packet towards me.

"Hi Matt, hi Br- Matt who's this?" A middle age lady asked Matt walking into Matt's living room.

"Mom," Matt smiled standing up, "this is my friend Abby. Abby this is my mom."

I smiled and shook her hand. "Very nice to meet you Abby." She said. "You too, Mrs. Espinosa."

She smiled and began walking out of the livingroom.

"Your mom thought I was Brooke at first, didn't she?" I asked looking through the packet.

"Yeah, Brooke and I were always together. I haven't exactly told my mom I'm done with her yet." He explained.

I nodded, "So what did you tell your mom about your demented face then?"

"Told her some kid at school did it."

I sighed and circled the project I wanted to do.

He took the packet from me and frowned. "Really Abby, love?"

"Yeah," I shrugged, "I thought it would be fun since you've been in love before and I'm only just starting to experience it now."

"I've never been in love before." He told me.

"Matt yes you have! I really want to do this project! Please?" I begged.

"Fine." He rolled his eyes making me jump in his arms.

"Thank you Matt!" I squealed.

He gently pushed me off of him, chuckling, "Your welcome."

Suddenly, my phone buzzed from my back pocket. "Oh that's my ride, gotta go." I said grabbing my stuff and walking towards his door.

"Bye, see ya tomorrow!" I said, leaving.

*Matt's P.O.V.*

I sighed walking over to my front door. Once I saw Abby's car drive away I made my way to the kitchen to get some food.

"She seems nice Matty." My mom said.

"Yeah I guess."

"You don't seem happy."

I shrugged grabbing a juice box from the fridge.

"What's the matter?" She asked rubbing my back.

"She's not Brooke."

"Then why aren't you talking to her?"

"I don't want to talk about it." I mumbled walking up to my room.

_______

"Matthew, Ashley is here!" My mom called from down stairs.

Ashley? What does she want?

I ran downstairs to see one of my closet friends, Ashley, standing in the kitchen with my mom.

"Hey Matt." She whispered once she saw me.

"Hey." I replied awkwardly waving at her.

"Can we talk?"

I nodded and followed her up to my room.