Chapter Eleven

CHAPTER ELEVEN!! :D

(This chapter has been edited for mistakes)    

---Luke's POV---

I was pacing, waiting for Michael to call back. Lydia was able to call her dad and convince him to let her stay another night. 

She was sitting on Nikki's bed, watching me walk back and forth. 

A phone rang, but it wasn't Nikki's, it was Lydia's. 

"Hello?" 

"What?" 

"Breathe. Tell me again, what happened." 

"Nikki, calm down." 

"Nikki?" I broke in, asking. Lydia looked up at me. 

"Luke, I don't think this is the best conversation to butt into," she said. 

"She's in my body! I want to talk to her!" I said, forcefully. 

"Luke, listen to me. I know, okay? But please, let me talk to her and then I'll let you two talk, okay?" 

I huffed, but nodded, and started pacing again. 

Lydia walked out of the room, still talking to Nikki. 

If Nikki called, why isn't Michael? 

Gosh darn it! 

I pulled Nikki's phone from my pocket and dialed the familiar number. 

"Hello?" Michael's voice came through, slightly breathless and strained. 

"What the hell, mate? You said you would call after the concert. Nikki called Lydia, but you didn't call!" I practically yelled. 

"Luke, I can't talk right now," he said quietly, and I heard him sniff. 

"Are you crying?" I asked, all my anger forgotten. I had never heard or seen Michael cry. It was just something that never happens. 

"Yeah, no, sort of," he said. "It's just been a hectic day." He forced a laugh, trying to lighten the conversation. 

"What happened?" I asked, softly. 

"Just promise that you won't punch me when you're you again?" he countered. 

"Promise. It can't be that bad." 

"I, well, okay. So, today, we were just hanging out and Adam came in to tell us of a surprise show tonight and we were fine, okay. And it was alright up until after the show. We played well, even Nikki did well. But that's not it. And it just happened. I didn't even mean to do it at first, but I stopped. And I was just so shocked I ran off," he said. 

"Michael, you aren't making sense. What did you do?" I asked, confused. 

"Well, I guess it started a few days ago. You know, when the switch or whatever happened. Nikki told me because we were left alone while Cal and Ash had writing. So, I found out and I tried to teach her to be you. She picked it up so quickly. Even the guitar. And she said she had never played. So, the next day her and I had writing and it was good. We almost finished Try Hard, by the way. I'll send you what we recorded later. But that's not the point. I just, they kept growing and growing and I couldn't force them down and I know it's only been three days but I can't help it and I couldn't help it," he ranted. 

"Michael. I still have no fucking clue what you are talking about," I told him. "You just keep telling me what you did." 

"I'm trying to explain!" he yelled.