Chapter Thirty-Seven

Holy bologna. This is literaly the second to last chapter. Yeah, the next one will be the end. I really didn't want to end it, but it had to be done. I do have the final chapter written and everything, but I think I'm going to wait a bit to post it because it seems way too surreal to do it righht now.

So......here's:

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN!!!

I woke up to Lydia shaking me.

"Nikki! Come on! It's like noon!" she yelled at me.

I groaned, rolling over an grabbing my phone off the side table. She was right...

12:04 Uhg.

Why was I so tired?

I noticed a message though, and my face bloomed into a smile as I looked at it. Michael had texted back last night.

"I miss you more. :P <3"

I couldn't help but laugh a bit, and reply.

"Not possible. ;) How long til you're free?"

I didn't expect a response, the time difference being killer, so I put my phone back on the table and sat up.

"What's the plans for today?" I asked Lydia, who was looking at me with an amused face.

"I don't know. Did you want to go to the mall or something?" she asked. I ran my fingers through my hair, thinking that I should probably get more hair dye if we did go, my roots were growing out.

"Yeah, why not? As long as we stop at HotTopic," I said, grinning and getting out of bed.

"When don't we stop there?" she asked, jokingly. "Come on, though. I don't want to stay out late."

I rolled my eyes and got changed, pulling some black skinny jeans and a cut-sleeved Rolling Stones shirt that I grabbed from Michael before he left ages ago. It still faintly smelled of him, and it just reminded me of how much my heart ached without him.

I shook the thought away as I pulled on some socks and a pair of converse before brushing my hair out some. I didn't bother with makeup today, not feeling like it, and frankly not caring. I had a boyfriend, who was I trying to impress? Now if Michael was here, that might be a different story. He would argue that I was pretty without it, but I would insist on wearing it, especially if we were going out of the house.

"Ready," I announced to Lydia, grinning at her and posing like a runway model. She feigned taking pictures and I posed a few more times before we burst out laughing like idiots. I could barely remember the last time we had really hung out, just us two, just chilling or going to the mall or something. It had been over 5 months, which seemed like a really long time, and it really was.

We headed out of the house not too long after, heading right to the closest mall, parking and going in. I made sure to grab my wallet. In the time the boys had been gone, I had gotten a job at a grocery store a bit away from home. It wasn't too bad, and it paid fairly well. I hated having to ask mom for money all the time or for her to just give it to me. I felt useless and like a burden. Neither her or my dad had raised me that way...

We stopped at a cute little clothes store first, mostly to make fun of all the girly stuff that was in there, but I actually found this really sick sheer black tank top with white skulls all over it.

We ended up leaving there not more than 15 minutes later and made our way through a couple other stores before finally getting to HotTopic.

"I'm home," I said, dramatically, making Lydia, and one of the workers that heard me, laugh.