Chapt Twenty-Eight

The only thing I have to say for this chapter is: don't hate me.

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT!!!

---Nikki's POV---

A tingly sensation woke me from the deepest sleep I had in a while. It felt like my whole body had gone numb and I had pins and needles poking me everywhere. The feeling started to intensify and I heard a low voice cry out. 

After a few seconds, I realized that the someone was me and I was the one crying out. A higher voice sounded as well and then more, sounding frantic and worried. 

What was happening!? 

I bucked, my body suddenly seizing out of my control. I screamed as the tingles became shooting pain. There was nothing I could do to stop it, and it kept growing worse. Tears began streaming down my face, as my body continued to jerk around. I felt hands attempting to hold me down at both my wrists and ankles. 

My skin started to feel as if it was on fire, burning and itching like crazy. I screamed louder, barely registering a second scream coming from across the room. I felt like an abomination in my own skin. 

My nails dug into the palms of my hands drawing blood, which I could feel running down my fingers into the bed sheets I was laying on. I could just barely hear Michael's voice trying to sooth me. 

That was when I had a sudden realization. 

"Luke! I need Luke!" 

A shuffling went on before a smaller body was put next to mine. Without my own command, I found myself wrapped around the body that was rightfully mine. The seizing stopped immediately and the burning began to die down. I opened my eyes to look into my own. 

"It hurts. Nikki, it hurts," Luke told me. 

"I know. Let go. We have to let go, or it won't work," I told him. 

"Let go!? Like die?" he asked frantically, grimacing at the residual pain still running through our bodies. It began to build again and he cried out in pain. 

Michael was chanting "no, no, no, no," in the background and Lydia was crying loudly. 

"It will be worse if we hang on," I told him, trying hard to hide the pain. I turned to Michael. 

"I love you. So much." I looked to Ashton and Calum, who were hanging onto each other. "And I'm so sorry for ruining everything you guys have worked for. Don't forget me," I told them, then turned to my best friend. 

"Lydia, you have been my best friend since forever and I hate myself for taking the love of your life away. Please, forgive me," I said. 

"I forgive you!" she cried. "I love you, Luke." 

I heard him repeat the declaration as Michael came towards me. 

"Please, Nikki, don't leave me. I love you so much. You can't die! Please, no. No, no, no," he pleaded. But there was no stopping it. 

I let my eyes slide shut and as my heartbeat slowed, I thought. 

I ruined everything. I loved and lost, I ruined the career of my favorite band, and I killed my best friend's boyfriend. 

I should have never done the first spell. Maybe things would have turned out differently. 

If I hadn't, would I have met Michael through my mom's work? Would we have fallen in love? Would Lydia and Luke have gotten together? 

I could hope until my last heartbeat, but nothing would change what really happened. I had died. And I took Luke with me.

_________________________ 

Don't hate me. 

Please keep reading.