Chapter Twelve

CHAPTER TWELVE!! :D

(This chapter has been edited for mistakes)    

---Nikki's POV--- 

(Basically Nikki's point of view of chapter eleven)

I ran back to the dressing room and right up to Calum. 

"Hey, Calum? Can I borrow your phone? I can't find mine and I need to make a call...," I asked. 

He smiled at me and pulled his phone from his pocket, handing it to me. 

"Here," he said. 

"Thank you so much!" I left the room, going into the same small closet Michael had taken me to earlier. 

I quickly dialed my best friend's number and waited. 

"Hello?" she answered. 

"Lydia! I need your help! I don't know what's going on!" I said, fast. 

"What?" 

"It just happened so fast! And we came off stage and it was--" I stopped, starting to hiccup, tears falling down my cheeks. 

"Breathe. Tell me again, what happened." 

"I-I can't. I'm not even sure it-it was on purpose..." I could barely talk I was sobbing so hard now. 

"Nikki, calm down." 

"I-I can't..." 

"Nikki?" My voice said in the background of the other line. 

"Luke, I don't think this is the best conversation to butt into," Lydia said, her voice distant. She was probably holding the phone away from her face. 

"She's in my body! I want to talk to her!" Luke said, forcefully. 

"Luke, listen to me. I know, okay? But please, let me talk to her and then I'll let you two talk, okay?" Lydia said. 

I didn't hear anymore talking, but there was a shuffle of movement before Lydia's voice came back on the line. 

"Nikki, are you still there?" she asked. 

"Yes," I hiccuped, still crying. 

"Please calm down and tell me what happened," she said, calmly. Just the sound of her voice, a familiar voice, made me relax a bit. 

"I, Michael, and well...," I couldn't think of a way to say it. 

"Okay. Start at the beginning. What happened after you and Luke switched?" she asked. 

"Well, I woke up and one of the boys was sitting on me, I never figured out who. And I ran to the bathroom to check. And I was Luke! And then, Ashton and Calum left to write songs and left me with Michael alone. And I told him. He believed me and tried to help me be Luke. I fail at video games, by the way. And he went to teach me the guitar, but it was so cool. I could play! I just have to concentrate on the song and let Luke's body take over. And we had like a moment. He looked at me so intensely. Lydia, it was amazing," I told her. 

"That's awesome!" she exclaimed. "Then, what happened?" 

I had stopped crying now and was smiling, just telling Lydia everything made me feel so much better. 

"Well, Calum and Ashton came back and we practiced with them for a while. And they played video games. And the next morning Michael and I had song writing duty. And oh my gosh, Lydia, it was so fun! And I got to work one-on-one with him! We worked on their new song, and I wrote, well Michael wrote it down, but I played it. And when we finished there, we went out for pizza for us and the other two and when we got back, we all sat around eating pizza and Ashton made a keek and they were going to play video games, so I went to bed. And then when I woke up this morning, Calum, Ashton, and Michael were playing video games. So, I sat on the couch and watched. After a while, Michael quit and came to sit with me. Adam, their manager guy, came in and told us we had to perform tonight. And then he left and Michael and I cuddled on the couch while Ashton and Calum played again. And it was sweet and I felt safe. And then it was time for soundcheck. We went and played for John, the sound guy, so he could make us sound okay on the stage. And when we were done there, Calum and Ashton went back to the dressing room while Michael took me to a closet and told me that he liked me. A lot. But it was awkward because I was in Luke's body. And I told him that I liked him, too. And we went back to the dressing room with the others. And Michael and I laid on the couch again as Calum and Ashton played again," I told her.