Chapter 16

Dani's p.o.v:

Today was finally Friday, which mean March starts tomorrow, one more month until my birthday, and two more months until the wedding. I can't wait to move out, Luke and I are starting to look around for houses. We decided we are going to go to the community college not too far from us after we graduate. We'll see what happens from there.

We're going to see some houses today after school and some tomorrow. I'm really excited about doing this. I get to be on my own without my parents bugging me about things.

I told Calum, he doesn't have to drive me this morning cause I was going with Luke. He seemed a little sad though.

Luke and I walked to my locker, Luke leaned against the lockers as I opened mine.

"You excited for after school?" Luke asked after a while.

I turn to him and smiled. "Yeah, I can't wait. Plus, it gets me out of wedding planning with my mom, the woman is driving me crazy" I said, closing my locker.

"The torture will be over soon. My parents just got the invitation. So I'll be there with you" He smiled, then we went our separate ways.

"Dan! Dan! Dani wait up!" I stopped in my tracks and turned to see Calum running up to me. "Hey, thought I would walk with you, since we are in the same class together" Calum smiled at me and grabbed my hand.

"Okay, that's nice of you" I said, we started walking.

"When am I not nice?"

"I can name a bunch of time" I said quietly.

"Right, I'm keep forgetting. I just want to start over and then I say something that makes you think of my past. I'm not like the anymore Dan, I promise you that"

"I know, and I'm happy your trying to change for me" I opened the door to our math class and walked over to where my seat is next to Michael. Calum went to the back of the room like always.

*After school*

"Ready?" Luke asked as we got into his car.

"Yup" I nodded. We made our way to the first house of many.

The first one was nice, but not something we were looking for. I mean it had everything we wanted, it just wasn't us, you could say.

The second house, it was just too big. It was just going to be the two of us. So we didn't really need that much space.

The third house, just wasn't in a good part of town. I didn't want to be in this place any longer.

The fourth house, was big too. Luke hated it before we even stepped inside. I eventually agreed with him.

The Fifth houses....well, it went kind of like this:

Luke and I walked in through the front door. First, we saw a medium size living room, then an opening the leads into the kitchen. The kitchen had a sliding doors the led to the backyard. Upstairs there was four bedrooms, all the same size and all came with their own bathroom. The basement had a huge open space, some doors the led into small rooms. Luke and I made our way back to the living taking everything in.

"What do you think?" I asked Luke, he was still looking around from where he was standing.

"I love it, we need to get this" He said excitedly.

"But we are looking at more tomorrow"

"Dan, tell me you don't like it. It's exactly what we want. Come on, please" He started begged, I mean he got down on his knees and gave me puppy dog eyes.

"Fine, we'll get it. I really do like though" I gave in.

"You don't like it, you love it" He said grabbed me by the shoulders and then pulling into a tight hug. "This is going to great for us, I just know it" He pulled away from me, but not letting go yet. "We need to celebrate! Tomorrow"

"How?"

"We'll figure it out, until then we start packing all our stuff. Now lets go home" Luke pulled me out of our new home and to his car. Things are finally working out for me, nothing can ruin this.

*Saturday*

It was Saturday afternoon. Luke and I still didn't know how to celebrate. So we were lounging out on my bed watching TV.

I saw something in the corner of my eyes, so I looked up from the TV and saw Calum standing in the doorway. "Hey, Cal. What's up" I asked. He slowly made his way into my room. Luke and I sat up on my bed and looked at him.

"Um" He started saying while scratching the back of his neck. "I was debating on telling you or not, if you guys wanted to come to this party tonight at Ash's. He said your colorful friend was going" Calum told us nervously.

"You mean Michael, and I don't know-" I started, but Luke cut me off.

"Dans, this could be our way of celebrating" Luke whispered to me. I looked in between him and Calum.

"I-I just don't want what happen last time to happen again. I almost lost you"

"That won't ever happen again, but pleeeeaaasse. It's either that or keep doing what we're doing now all night" I know this is a bad idea, but for some reason I want to go.

"Whatever, but I'm linking arms with you all night. Where ever you go I go" I told Luke.

"Even if I have to use the bathroom, you're going to come in" He asked and I slapped him.

"What is wrong with you?!" I giggled.

"So you two are coming?" Calum asked, I totally forget he was still standing there. I nodded my head and laid back down, turning my attention to the TV. "Okay, well. See you guys in a few hours. I'll drive, if that's cool with you Luke"

"Fine with me" Luke said. Calum walked out of my room with his phone pressed against his ear.

I feel like this is a bad idea still. If one thing could happen at the first party, how is it not possible something won't happen at this one.

*At The Party*

Calum pulled up into Ashton driveway. He needed to be here early to help him set up. The party didn't start for another hour or so. Luke and I sat at the kitchen counter on some stools, Ash said we could hang here if we wanted.

Ashton came back into the kitchen started taking drinks out, placing them in front of Luke and I. "So you guys ready to party later" Ashton asked us.

"No" Luke looked at me sadly. "I just don't want what happen last time, happen again"

"Yeah, I heard. Calum told me. He said he saw you all alone and then he didn't know what came over him. Probably had too much to drink" Ashton told me, but I could see he was grinding his teeth together as he talked. Wonder what that's about? I didn't respond just nodded my head slowly.

"THE PARTY HAS ARRIVED!" Someone yelled coming into the house, making us jump. We turned ours head and Michael came into the kitchen.

"I texted him to come early cause we were here" Luke whisper in my ear and I nodded.

Calum soon joined us. We talked for a while until people started showing up. I had my arm linked around Luke's all night.

"You want something to drink?" Luke asked me.

"Sure" I shrugged, he brought me to the kitchen. There was a brunch of people huddle around the counter. Luke handed me a drink, after that everything went black. The last thing I remember was Luke, Calum, and I in a bedroom.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Comment and Vote*