Chapter 31

*That Night*

Calum's p.o.v:

The talk with my mom and sister went exactly how I expected it, horrible. They think they can control my life, they haven't been in my life for years and think they can come in and insult my fiancé and kids. They're out of their mind, and I hope see them again.

"So the twins are in bed, didn't take long for them to go to sleep" Dani said coming into our room and into the bed where I was laying. "So I- Calum, what's wrong?"

"Nothing" I said quietly.

"You seem sad, something has to be going through your mind" She said as she ran her fingers through my hair, it felt nice.

"It's just...what happened today, I can't get it out of my head" I told her, I sat up and faced her. "I mean, how do they expect me to forgive them if says all those hurtful things to my family"

"Who cares what they said. You and I both know none of that is true. So stop feeling bad about it"

"But Da-"

"No, we'll talk more in the morning. Just go to sleep, Cal" She said and got under the covers.

"Fine" I said, getting under the covers and pulled her close to me. "I love you"

"I love you too"

*The Next Morning*

I woke up expecting to see Dani still asleep next to me, but no it was empty. I got up and walked downstairs to see Dani on the couch with a very pale Luke. So walked over to them.

"Hey" She said quietly to me as she brushed some hair out his face. It looked like he was dying.

"Hey, what's wrong with him?" I asked.

"I think he's has fever. He came into our room in the middle of the night saying he was feeling so good and then he throw up" Luke was laying on the couch clutching his blanket and sweating.

"Daddy?" His voice was weak.

"Hey buddy, How ya feeling?"

"Awful" Then he started coughing.

"Shhh, you'll feel better soon Sweetie. Get some rest" Dani said, as he pulled the blanket up more. "I made a doctor's appointment for this afternoon to see if he does have a fever"

"I'll take him" I told her.

"Calum, no it's fine-"

"Dani, why don't you go back to sleep. You've been up all night with him, you get some rest and I'll take Luke to doctors, okay?"

"Okay, okay. It's at 12:30 so don't be late" She said.

"I won't" I kissed her. "Good night"

"It's morning!" I heard her say from the top of the stairs and I just laughed to myself.

I took little Lukey to the doctors and Dani was right he did have a fever. I had to pick up his medicine, and then brought him home. Before I have even opened the door, Dani came right to us, and took Luke out of my arms.

(A/N: For some reason I always imagine a younger version of Luke Hemmings, whenever I mention Calum & Dani's Luke)

"You were right, he does have a fever. He has to drink this twice a day after he eats" Dani nodded.

"You could put the bag in the fridge. I'm just going to give him a cold bath and try and get his fever to go down a little" She said and brought Luke upstairs.