Chapter 1

__________
//7:23am//
__________

The bright blue walls of my room surrounded me, illuminating the ceiling above me. My head swirled as I got out of my bed quickly, not realizing that I was late. All I was focused on was getting to school on time for once.
"Blake, get up you're starting counseling after school today." My mom told me from downstairs.
Her reminder made me roll my eyes to the back of my head in annoyance.
Sometimes I wish she wasn't even here, but after all I decide not to listen to her so it doesn't even matter.

After brushing my ratted hair and putting clothes on I quickly headed out the door, making sure to lock it and hide the key under the mat.
The cold air of Montana hit me as I walked down my neighborhood to school. I was cold and my arms were bare. My eyes began to go dry and my breath became hitched with an unexplainable nervousness. I gained a few stares from neighbors and other kids considering I had a cigarette in the tips of my mouth.
This is nothing more than a bad high school habit, I'll make sure to get over sooner or later. I've never taken it seriously though, nor do I see where the addiction comes in.
People seem to be so pessimistic now a days then make these false assumptions about my character. I'm a positive person I really am but my appearance says otherwise. I tend to care for others and forget about myself in the process.
They don't understand.
I made sure to flick off the ashes of the thin stick and throw it onto the dead, beaten grass.

Cars went by, one by one, across the foggy, muggy day ahead of me.
I came upon the dull school and soaked in the scenery of this wonderful place I call high school.
I enjoyed school but not necessarily the people attending. I differ from others and I think that's what makes them think oddly of me, but that's never bothered me.

-----
_________
//3:46pm//
_________

School was a blur... I soaked in the information I needed to know and tuned out the rest. I passed through the trashed hall way of crowded people and entered the back music room and saw Mrs.Burns.

"How great of you to actually attend counseling ms. Barrow..." She said with a sarcastic smile on her face as she sat at her desk.

Not even one minute into the session and I've already started an argument. Her hair was put back and her glasses that sat on her temples pushed up the baby hairs to the back of her ears.
I noticed out of the corner of my eye a dark haired tall boy that I didn't seem to recognize. His skin was pale and his eye seemed to resemble coffee.
I looked at him and he gave me a slight glare and smirk as he looked down at his feet. His cheeks went pastel pink when he messed with his hair. I set my bag down on a seat and looked at my counselor confused.
"Blake this is Cameron, I think this counseling hasn't done much help for you so I..." I suddenly cut her sentence off.

"Ya, no wonder this counseling isn't helping because I'm perfectly fine... There's nothing wrong with me." I interrupted her.
But why do I bother.
This has gotten me no where for the past two years of my entire life.

"Blake, what I was saying is we will be trying out a new partner exercise, and you'll be accompanied by Cameron, your new partner."

"No, sorry but no.."

"I'm sorry?" She asked as if I had stuttered.

"I'm not doing some stupid partner exercise with a really hot guy." I said as I looked over at him and smiled. Once again he shined me a sparkling smile and blushed his cheeks a light shade of red that could make my stomach churn with butterflies.
"I don't know why I have to be here. Nothing's wrong with me, I'm fine."
"Hmm, I'll make you a deal, if you try out this partner exercise and I start to see improvement you can end your counseling sessions. Deal?"

I let my answer sink in before I said anything stupid. I certainly wasn't about to pass up an opportunity to get comfortable with the really hot guy that stood less than feet away from me.

"We have a deal..."

End of chapter 1
Eww this chapter sucks, but ya... New book I guess.
Update: I'm re reading this and it's so cringy, fuck.