Epilogue

One year later

I don't recall how long it's been.
Maybe weeks, months, or even as little as days.
I can't seem to recall much from the incident, but that's my own fault. 
Rubbing my eyelids and combing rows through my hair with my fingers, I lifted myself from the comfort of my bed and to the center of my desk, sitting directly across the room by my old book shelf.
Peeking through old journals and discontinued writings, I passed the occasional unfinished novel.
It was simply book after book and the racks were no longer organized.
Nothing was.
Everything lead back to her, her eyes, her smile, or maybe just the way she moved her hair when it was windy.
Everything about her.
Organizing and stacking books of English literature and fiction to non fiction, I came across a specific book I remembered, but only because of her.
It was in desperate need of dusting and could use a new cover but it was the memory that counted most.
Putting it off to the side and onto the case along with the rest, I noticed there had been a specific place saved with what looked like a piece of paper or a pamphlet almost.
My curiosity got the best of me and skimmed the letter it was dated '9/21/22'
The date felt like it had bolted letters into my mind with the sharpest of tools.
Hearing that date again made me forget everything but her.
Flashes went on and off from that unforgettable night that I still haven't recovered from.

Dear Cameron Alexander Dallas,
I'm sorry,
All I wish of you is happiness and I'm glad you got what you want and I hope you find what you need.
I hope you realize how truly wonderful you are, and hopefully one day you will. You gave me your time and effort as well as love and compassion but for the time being you seem to have different perspectives on us although mine stay the same. The memories you gave me will forever be in my mind and as well as my heart. You deserve the universe and you mean nothing less than the world to me, and always will. Keep me in your thoughts and hopes, don't forget about me. Thank you beyond explanation for being so lovely, now go on and complete your dreams and ambitions because I know damn well that you can. I wish you the best of luck in your future years and trials, I hope all is well.

Sincerely, Blake Riley Barrow

The writing was plastered in black thick ink. It had been smeared and smudged along the lines of the paper, and folded into precise corners.
The cursive and dainty hand writing almost made me feel like we're in the same room again.
I reread over the note for the 6th time in under a minute.
Blaming myself once again for the situation caused me nothing but hurt.
I then took the paper into my fingers and wrapped it then sealed it back to its original placing.
Closing up the book and setting it back in the pile I tried my hardest to forget it all but it seemed that she was simply unforgettable.

End of epilogue