Chapter 25

I've been ignoring phone calls from my mother for the past hour. I've tried blocking her, deleting her contact but she's relentless.
"You alright?" Cameron seemed concerned as I paced throughout the room. He patted the seat next to him on the bed signaling for me to lean on him. My head was comfortable in the crook of his neck as my phone just kept blowing up with phone calls.
Why did she bother?
She never cared, why is she stepping up now.
This is a mess.
"Why are things difficult?"
"Who said it would be easy." He responded lying his head on top of mine. The sheets rubbed on my thighs and I could hear the rhythm in Cameron's chest.
I honestly wanted to just fall asleep right then and there.
Everything seemed chaotic making my head rush with a migraine.
We sat in a comfortable silence as he sang small nothings into my ear.
The last thing I could make out before I fell asleep was 'I think I love you.' In a soft faint voice, setting me off.

                                         ~

I woke up to what felt like an October dawn but turned out to be a spring morning. It was Monday morning and we had less than 10 minutes until class began.
Fuck.
I went through my duffel bag and threw on cloths and put my hair up as fast as I possibly could. Cameron was still sound asleep but I figured I'd let him sleep in by the muffled snores coming from his side of the bed. I took my belongings and was out the door. I took the key from under the mat and locked the knob behind me and ran for it.
I made sure to take my pills with my water before I left the house this morning.
Just as I entered the doors, the bell rung and I was late.
I saw few people rush from their lockers, to their classes, and I was one of them. I grabbed my books and passed through the columns of desks, heading for the back row. The teacher didn't pay attention and I couldn't have been happier. From the corner of my eye I could see Lisette working with another girl by her side. We made eye contact and I smirked and she waved slightly.
She couldn't have been more fake.
The lesson began and sleep over came my mind.
-
I was being pulled by my arm as flickering classroom lights came to my view. Lisette sat by my side in an empty class room of desks.
"We have classes to get to, come on I'll walk you."
She said offering. I wasn't gonna pass it up, but I didn't feel up to socialize currently.
She waved to multiple people through out the halls making no conversation with me or even bothering to acknowledge me.
Eventually I was able to sneak my way out of the hall and make my way to the back music room. Ms.Burns lifted her head to me when the rusty door screeched open. She was surprised to see me here.
I wasn't here to make small talk or go over my problems, I just needed an excuse to skip class. "Surprised to see you here Ms.Barrow..." She shot a questioning glare at me.
"Just thought I'd check in." I replied as my palms started to sweat.
"Blake, I believe you have classes to get to, correct?" She asked, moving her glasses to the tip of her nose so she could get a good look at my appearance.
"Yes Ms.Burns..." I said with a sigh as I went to exit the door.
Just as I went through the back exit, the door slammed against me and someone trampled their books onto my chest causing books to fall I top of me.
It was Cameron, and he was in a rush with what seemed like bead head.
It suited him honestly, it just wasn't the most presentable. 
He didn't seem to realize he just stumbled over me, he hasn't paid a single bit of attention to me at all lately. It's like something has him distracted. He almost didn't seem to care about me, but what's new?

________________
||End of chapter 25||
_______________