Chapter 21

I sat, looking at Cameron's text until my screen went off. I grabbed my things and went to the restroom. The mirror was blurry and the walls were an ugly floral wall paper. The blurry mirror reflected my inferior appearance.
My hair was knotted and my makeup was smeared.
I glanced down at the palm of my hand and read the label of my pack of cigarettes.

Sorry jack...

I fixed my hair and exited the bathroom through the door into the parking lot. I sat near the entrance on the curb watching the empty road and the street lights glisten against the pavement. The moon lit up the low fog, making it gleam in the darkness. I pulled out a cigarette from the pack but I realized I had no lighter.

Fuck.

"Need a lighter?" A voice said startling me.
I looked up to see a familiar face.
"Jesus cameron you scared the shit outa me. don't do that!" I said chuckling.
"What the hell are you doing out here anyways?" I asked him, watching as he sat on the curb next to me. "You kinda have your locations turned on when you texted me earlier..." He said making me feel stupid by laughing at me.
"Why did you come all this way?" "Well you didn't respond to my text earlier and why would I want to be alone when I could be with you?"
"Jesus cameron." I said chuckling and letting my head hang loose as I stared up at the dull stars covered by street lights.
"What?... Did I do something?" He said whispering in my ear with a light raspy voice, causing butterflies to run through my stomach.
He let his forehead touch mine as he kissed my neck. "Cam not now..."
"What's wrong love? I hate too see you sad."
"Cameron I'm leaving home and I can no longer depend on others to...well.. Take care of me I guess. And I don't want you to worry about me either."
"Blake I'm going to worry about you no matter what, and that's because I love you Blake. Now please, come stay with me?"
"No cameron that's the thing... I don't want you to have to take care of me or treat me like I'm your child, I just want to be able to take care of myself, you know... Like without anyones help."
"But Blake I want to be there for you... I mean, I love you Blake. Please rethink this..."
I sat for a moment just letting things sink in my mind for a moment. I let out a breath "uhhm, ok." I let out as he brushed my hair out of my face.
He jumped over me and indulged me into a hug, showering me in kisses all over. "Cam!" I yelped through laughs. "What!" He said giggling and holding onto my torso. "Cam I'm on the ground!" I yelled pushing him off of me.
"Ya, and you'll be on your knees later..." He said under his breath.
"What was that!?"
"Oh nothing..." He said shining his bright teeth and squinting his beautiful chocolate eyes deviously.
I fixed my hair and tied it to the back of my head and checked my pocket for my things. I made sure I had everything but I was still missing one thing...

"So how bout that lighter?" He asked with a grin.

______________
End of chapter 21
_____________