Chapter 4

________
//3:24pm//
________

I heard footsteps behind me as I walked down my street. When the footsteps started to get closer I right away knew who it was.
He came to the side of my shoulder and walked in line with me. He had his back pack slung around his shoulder and books hanging from the tips of his fingers.
His eyes were puffy but I didn't dare look at them.

We walked in silence until he got the courage to speak.

"I'm sorry..." Was all he had to say.

"For what?"

"For messing everything up. I mean I'm supposed to be helping you for god sake. I'm just sorry for making this worse, I'm sorry."

I stayed quiet.

"Im not mad, no need to apologize." I shrugged my shoulders with a plain expression.

a smirk slowly built up on his face, causing me to smile.

"I expected you to scream at me or something." He said like he was in shock of my blunt reaction.

"Screaming won't get you anywhere, but worse." Damn I'm depressing.

He stayed silent and looked at the ground. I tried to make things less awkward so I tried to change the subject, but I got no where.

"Why'd you over react?" I asked.
"Isn't that kinda my job? Anyways even if it wasn't, I would still care because I like you Blake, your different."
Heard that before.
I met him less than 8 hours ago and he's already saying he has feelings for me?
"You know people are gonna talk about you if you hang out with me right?" I said as if I was trying to tell him I was sorry that he was obligated to be around me.
"I never cared what they thought anyway." He said to me, even though I knew he did.
"Is it too soon to ask about what's on your wrist?"
"It's ok Cameron, you can say cuts its not a bad word."
"Ok let me rephrase that then. Can I ask about the cuts on your wrist?" He asked, but by now he seemed to be much more calm and collected.

"Well, their only old scars that I'm certainly not proud of. After all it was a mistake and it was mostly just a small phase for me." I said plain and simple.
It stayed quiet for a moment but then he spoke.
"Promise me one thing?" He asked me.
"And what is that?"
"Never, and I mean ever put that blade to your skin again."

"I promise..."
Those last few words of mine were nothing more than lies.

------------------------
________
//2:09pm//
________

I walked through the trashed hall ways to my 7th period but I was stopped.

"So your that's sducidal bitch aren't you?"

Someone said as they approached me in the hall way. He was much taller than me and looked like he could crush me with his thumb.
"No, I...I.." I stuttered but be never gave me time to finish my sentence.
"Can you s...sp..speak" he said laughing at me as well as the rest of the entire hall way that has begun to gather around me. I noticed lisette in the depths of the now forming crowd as she looked down upon me as if I was lower than her.

"Fuck off man." I heard someone shout as they made their way through the crowd. Before I caught a glimpse of the face who said it, I already recognized the voice.
finally I made out who the person was and of course it was Cameron I mean what other friends do I have.
Cameron came past me and pushed him away.

"Get the hell off me!" The other one shouted.
Cameron's face was red and he was fuming. The last thing you know is Cameron's pushing him up against the lockers and punching him all around his face. But the other didn't seem to budge Cameron's nose seemed to be bloody and I was in shock. I couldn't physically move, I was simply stunned.

The other one backed off as well as Cameron. Cameron took my hand and ran through the hall way dragging me behind him. His hands were rough on my skin.
"Cmon" he said from in front of me. He brought me outside to where his car was and we drove off. "Cameron I'm missing my 7th period."
He didn't respond he just seemed fumed.
The car ride was silent but we soon pulled up to a small house located fairly close to mine. He pulled on the curb and parked. I've never seen this side of him but after all I've known him for almost 24 hours. "Cameron can you just stop and chill out for a second?" I said with pleading eyes.

"No Blake!"
I had no words. I've never heard him yell. His jaw clenched, as well as his fists.

"Cameron how is this gonna work out, I mean look at us were already fighting. And besides your acting like this was somehow my fault. I'm not the one wh...

I was interrupted, and at that moment, time stopped and I felt nothing but calm.
He pressed his lips against mine as he gripped my hand tightly. He let go and looked me in the eye as I looked down. My forehead touched his but I kept my eyes open.
He put his hand on my chin as he lifted my head up to be level with him. "Why won't you look me in the eye?" He asked.

"Because I'm afraid if I do, I'm not going to be able to look away..."

End of chapter 4