chapter 22

I looked up at the stars shimmering against the pitch black sky just as a a rain drop hit my forehead, then another and soon enough it was raining.
The rain slowly started to get heavier and me and Cameron made a run for it. As I was just about to reach the car I landed in a puddle face first in to the ground. Cameron was balling laughing not even caring if he got soaked in the water.
"Help me up loser!" I said laughing and sticking my hand out for him to grab. He pulled me up to him with ease. With his hand around my wrist still, he pulled me into him so my hands touched his chest. He leaned forward looking me dead in the eyes getting closer by the second. Just as he shut his eyes to lean in, I backed away and hoped in the car. I watched him through the side car mirror as he brushed his wet hair back and headed back to the car as if he was frustrated.
I wasnt comfortable kissing him yet. I didn't feel like it was right.
I didn't mean to make things awkward but he shouldn't have tried to kiss me so soon. I mean don't get me wrong I love cameron with all my heart and I feel like I've known him for my entire life but I didn't feel like the timing was right.
I looked at him and smiled as he looked at me with chocolatey puppy dog eyes. I kissed his cheek to put a smile on his face but we both stayed put in the comfortable silence as he put the car in gears and swerved off to the sound of the wind shield wipers clicking against the water droplets.
"Jack, I'm not going home..." I told him bluntly.
"Who ever said I was taking you home?" He said with his beautiful devious smile.

Eventually after an hour or so of driving and sailing through loose thoughts in my mind we got to his drive way. He grabbed our coats and keys and unlocked the from door for us. I stomped my muddy wet feet onto the mat to take off my shoes and hang up my coat as it dripped onto the tile.
"Where's your mom?" I asked leaning up against the granite island in the kitchen.

"My aunt works late shifts at the hospital, I thought we went over this." He said with a chuckle.
"So where is your mom then?"
"I ask myself the same thing..." He told me as his grin begun to fade just as he weaved his fingers into his hair. I didn't ask further because the tension grew like wild fire. I needed to figure out how to change the subject quickly...
I started to head up to the stairs as he fiddled with somethings on the counter. "Cameron I'm taking a shower in your bathroom." I told him as I reached the top step.
The water took what felt like years to get warm but as I finished and hopped out letting water hit the tile I realized I had no towel nor cloths.

Fuck

"Cameron!" I yelled hoping he'd hear.
"I'm right here damn you don't have to yell." He said chuckling from his room. He opened the door with ease and no warning causing me to slam on the door. "Cameron!"
All I heard was continuous laughs from behind the door. My body was still dripping and I was standing in a pool of water that had dripped to the tile. My things were still in the back of his car and I didn't bring much to wear.
"Blake just open the door."
I took a deep breath and opened the door hiding behind it. His eyes were shut as he handed me a towel and a shirt.
I tried my best to clean up the puddle of dripping water on the ground. I slipped on the shirt as it hovered my body. It was draped on me like a dress but it would be sufficient for now.
I came out and saw Cameron asleep on the bed in complete silence.
his lips parted and his hair was everywhere. I laughed a little to myself at how fast I fell in love with this boy.

_________________
//end of chapter 22//
_______________