Chapter 30

Cameron's POV

I came though the door and the house resembled the way I left it last. All lights were still on and the hall way still had piles of dirty laundry that were in need of folding and washing.
I went to set my things down upstairs and headed to my room. I put away most my belongings in their proper organized order. Sitting in my room for a good half hour gave me little time to recall what happened last with Blake. I could hear the sound of her voice as if she was actually there next to me.
How could I have left her?
I barely even took the thought of loving her into my consideration.
My intentions were certainly not pointing to this outcome and they never have been.

Why am I so God damn ignorant.

I noticed the lights were turned on in my bathroom and the fan was on near my desk.

How odd?

The door knob wouldn't budge which gave me a suspicious and peculiar feeling causing me to become worried.
I grabbed onto the top of the door rim and shifted my palms in search of the only spare key.
But nothing was there.
Searching the room, I saw Blake's bag still present by my night stand.
By then, I was trembling by putting the pieces in place. Then I was budging open the door as fast paced as I could. I tried everything, I wiggled the knob and twisted both ways but got no where, still locked out.

I called out for her but had no luck getting a response.
The thought of what could be behind that door was taunting me, almost ruining me.
I was able to shove down the entire door as fear over came my entire body.
Shivers shot through my spine; I was covered in pain and I couldn't act quick enough at what I was feeling and what I saw.
My calves were weak and my knees went in as if I was shot down. The bent, shattered, wood door was leaning up against the wall giving me support.
There she lay under the water with her hands covering her face with no movement from her body. I cupped her face in my hands and tried my best to make any attempt of getting a sign of life from her.
This was all a blur.
I took the phone in between my trembling fingers and dialed 911 immediately. I couldn't speak nor could I bear to ignore the lump in my throat.
The line didn't even bother to ring until someone picked up the phone.
I told them my address and to come immediately and nothing less. I sat with my hands on my knees, I wanted to say so much but I couldn't say a damn thing.
I found her empty pill bottle on the sink counter that resembled how empty and lifeless her body was as well as how puffy and blue her eyes became from lack of oxygen.
I chucked the bottle as far away from me as I could. It hit my book shelf causing a plethora of novels and text books to come crashing into the surface of the table.
It wasn't long until I heard distant sirens from afar.
I couldn't hear, feel or see a God damn thing.
I forgot everything.
The house shook with rushing people all heading toward her lifeless body, dunked in water.
Arms came and picked up my lanky body that gave in. They managed to take me up off the cold floor and away from the scene, almost as if it would help me. They sat me down and talked to me but I couldn't make out one word. It all was going so fast and I wanted to give up, but I wasn't going to. 
I couldn't physically do this, much less mentally.
It was all so foggy until along came a rolling hospital bed with blank, pale sheets draped along top, covering the edges of the chiseled figure.
This was almost dream like. Although it felt more like a nightmare. There she was, completely intact yet still completely gone.
I've never been more uncomfortable in my entire life up until now.
They took her into a van, shut the doors and before I knew it I was by her side as she was completely breathless.
Sirens, cop cars, and scared faces all filtered throughout my head.
Tears didn't come, neither did words.
I couldn't register in my head what's going on.
I heard muffled sounds from every other direction but I shut them all out completely.
I rested my head in my hands and my entire heart into the ledge of her hospital bed that rocked between the movement of the vehicle.
"I love you" I whispered but I'm afraid by now, I'm much too late for that.

___

Her mother and father knelt at the foot of her bed, breathless. They cried for what felt like hours but I don't blame them. The hospital room was dark with no windows, only four blank walls which felt more like a canvas. I sat in the closest waiting chair with my thumbs against my temples.
"It's time we pull the plug..." Her father said without hesitation. He had a hand hanging around her mothers shoulder, providing her support. Those words, were then imbedded in my memory.
They sank and felt like cement on my shoulders.
I couldn't decide if I was alright with the idea of officially letting her entire lifeline go.
"Cameron?"
Her mother asked through tears.
I nodded from my daze.
"It's best if you do it, she would have wanted it that way."
Yet, I had no authority over this.
I knew I would regret this for the rest of my life, the very second I agreed.
I contemplated with the time I didn't have, making fists, I held in my cries and sat near her bed. It sank beneath me as her still damp hair wet the pillow of the paper bed sheets. Tubes went from all angles of her body along with many tapes and necessary masks.
Taking one last glimpse, one last touch and one last look at her before I took away her life within the pull of one simple plug.
The continuous alerting noise coming from the machine that kept her alive suddenly came to halt with a long pause of beeping.

I couldn't bare look at her one last time.

She was dead.

With that it was silent.

________________
||The end||
_______________

An epilogue will be coming soon loves:)