Meet the Costars

Chapter 5: Meet the Costars

"The official cast has been released," Krysti informed Melissa.

Krysti and Nicole were all sitting at Melissa's dining room table. Krysti had profiles of all the costars.

"We have you as Marina Cleo," Krysti said, laying out Melissa's photo in the center. "Ryan Francis as Derek Faramir. You already met him. He's a three time Oscar winner and the most well-known star in the industry. He knows how to work in front of the camera and in front of the press. He's flawless."

Melissa nodded.

"Cast as Cypress Lunar is Vivian Sullivan," Krysti said, laying out a picture of a beautiful brunette. "Vivian was scouted out by Benedict. She's very well known for her action movies. Vivian is known to perform all her own stunts and is skilled in different styles of combat. Benedict wanted someone he could get close ups during action scenes and Vivian was perfect because Cypress in the script is a fighter."

"Is she well known?"

"She knows the ropes," was Krysti's only explanation.

"You already heard, Julia has the role of the enchantress. The Dark King is played by Alec Harvard whom you've co-starred with before..."

Melissa sighed. Alec always tried to smudge the line Melissa had drawn between them.

"The Queen is played by Angel Carmen-"

"Oh her!" Melissa exclaimed. "She's such a regal woman. Doesn't she always play these queens or what now?"

Krysti nodded. "She's in her thirties now," she added. "Her prime time has passed, however, her character was the last one cast because Benedict wanted her to line up with the actress of Marina."

Angel had dark brown hair and amber eyes. Melissa would buy that she was her mom in a different world.

"Then a character called Luke Magnus," Krysti said, pulling out a photo of a handsome man in his mid-twenties. "Is played by Kyle Thicke. He's the drama king. Funny how he's the loyal friend to everyone in Red Rider."

Melissa knew this guy- well she's seen his face on all the tabloids so she knew him from a distance.

"Martha Cleo is going to be played by Natalie Freeman," Krysti introduced. "You're going to need to get to know these people. You'll be spending a lot of time with them. Benedict wants to film in New Zealand."

"Really?!" Melissa exclaimed. "We're going all the way to New Zealand?"

"Yes," Nicole said. "He's strange. He wants to use as less green screen as he can despite this being a very mythical plot line. Most of the enchantress scenes, transformation tricks and etcetera all need to be green screened."

Melissa shrugged. "He's the director I guess..." she said.

"There's going to be two table reading before you leave," Krysti said, flipping through her leather book. "You have to be on you're A game," she reminded Melissa. "Whatever he tells you to do, just do it. You're running with the pros now."

"Of course," Melissa said.

Table reading... Before any actor gets on set, everyone sits down around a table and reads through the script. No actions, no lighting, no camera, just by using one's voice, you have to portray everything.

Melissa didn't know most of the cast who was going to be there. Benedict had a lot of small parts but he was only going to table read with the main characters who were: Marina Cleo, Martha Cleo, Queen, King, Dark King, Cypress Lunar, Derek Faramir, Enchantress, Rider 1, Rider 2, and Luke Magnus.