Night of Red Carpets

Chapter 25: Night of Red Carpets

"EARTH TO MELISSA!"

Melissa fell out of her bed and onto the floor. "What?!" she gasped.

Krysti pointed to the clock on her night stand. "Do you know what time it is?!"

Melissa squinted. "10:30?" she asked.

"Do you know what today is?!" Krysti exclaimed.

"Uh..."

"The Red Rider premiere?" Krysti prompted.

Melissa gasped. "Oh right!" she exclaimed, scrambling out.

"Where were you last night?" Krysti asked.

"...Nowhere," Melissa lied.

Most evenings she had dinner at Ryan's house but last night, Ryan rented them a movie. To Melissa's horror, he rented Sparrow, just to piss her off. Melissa buried herself under her blanket because she did NOT want to watch her own movie more than once. Ryan being the tease he was sighed extremely loud whenever Melissa and Alec were together on the screen. By the time the movie was over, it had already gotten late but Melissa forced them to watch one of Ryan's movies, just to get even with him.

Nothing bothered Ryan. Melissa was positive that he didn't have feelings. He kept saying his lines before the movie could as if watching his own movie was completely normal.

"Are you two dating now?" Krysti asked as Melissa locked herself in her bathroom.

"NO!" came the muffled reply.

Krysti exchanged a look with Nicole. Nicole just smiled and shrugged.

Melissa washed up and changed into a pair of leggings and an off the shoulder shirt.

"Okay," Krysti said as Melissa drank her fruit smoothie. "You have your usual appointment at the salon. Your dress designer, Vera will meet you back here for final dress fittings. Erin and Katie will then get you into hair and makeup. Then, its show time," Krysti said, smiling.

There was a knock on the door.

"That must be Julia," Melissa said, walking to the door.

"IT'S THE BIG DAY!" Julia squealed, pushed her oversized sunglasses to the top of her head.

"It sounds like someone is getting married," Melissa laughed. "Come in."

"We'd get married a lot then," Julia giggled. "Anyways, I'm so excited to see the final cut. It took Benedict forever to finally get this movie finished."

"This is Benedict Riser that we're talking about," Melissa reminded Julia. "But the trailer was pretty epic though."

The three minute trailer was already packed full of action, special effects and cliff hangers. It was the most media covered movie in a long time. The Red Rider set is rivaling some of the biggest movies filmed in the decade.

Julia and Melissa got into Stan's waiting car where he dropped them off at a VIP salon. Here's the thing about Hollywood. Those gorgeous celebrities on TV, did not roll out of bed like that. Melissa was no exception. She had been heading to the gym for two hours every day before this. No sweets or cup noodles either, hence all the time she spent at Ryan's house. On the day of, Melissa was always at the salon. Despite hating all the primping, Krysti just reminded Melissa that it was part of the job.