Brawling Girl Style

Chapter 11: Brawling Girl Style

"This is going to be fun," Melissa said as Katie was doing the final touches of makeup. "We've been practicing on mats, now I'll actually be crashing into hard things."

"I'll try and be gentle," Vivian said, smiling with her eyes closed so her eyeliner could be done.

"Have you seen the set yet?" Melissa asked.

"Just when we went to test out the town," Vivian replied. "I haven't seen the final touches of the Rider village."

"They've spent days getting it perfect," Melissa told her. "Benedict is always walking around with a binder in his hands."

"The sets are amazing," Vivian agreed.

They had barely scratched the surface of this movie but it was already exhilarating. For example, the Rider village they were going to see; it seemed like overnight this thriving village just popped out of nowhere. Huts were constructed, and so were stables as well as a town square... Plus all the extras were going to be back. Melissa saw them last time in the studio but now they were filming outside.

"Calling all cast on set!" someone yelled through a bullhorn. "All cast on set! Filming starts in five!"

Erin straightened out Melissa's costume. It wasn't her winter costume yet. It was just a plain white cotton dress, a night gown but in a sturdier cut.

Sweatshirt and yoga pants on, they all walked out of the trailers and into village. They weren't at the main trailers anymore but farther into the wild with a new set up.

"I need Marina!" Benedict bellowed.

"Right here!" Melissa said, rushing over.

"I don't know..." he mumbled to himself.

Melissa patiently waited.

"Regina!" he yelled.

"Yes?" Regina asked, walking over with several thick binders. "What do you want to see? Story board? Script?"

"Give me...." Benedict said, holding out his hand. "Story board," he decided.

Regina handed it over. Benedict was slightly pacified when he discovered she had already booked marked the page he had wanted.

"Hmm..." he said. Benedict pulled out his walkie talkie. "I want crew at house 5."

"Are we keeping that story board?" Regina asked.

"For now..." Benedict said. "I want you to do the towns people directing," he said, placing the binder into her hands like a blessing. "Make it perfect."

Usually on set, Regina and a few other directors took care of the extra shots while Benedict personally over saw the drama shots.

"Marina is lying to bed," Benedict mused. He snapped his fingers. "A dream," he said. "YES!" he said to no one in particular. "A dream! A nightmare. I want flames, I want fear... Oh yes!"

Benedict produced a worn notebook out of nowhere and sat himself down at the set table and began writing. Everyone else did their best to keep silent.

"Perfect," Benedict said. "A vision..." He picked up his walkie-talkie again. "I need illustrator, story board director, and..."

He went on to list the people he wanted to see. After he was done he looked around, a little confused.

"Uhh... Take five everyone!" he yelled. "Good work."

No one had done anything but went back to their business anyways. Melissa rushed back into her trailer to escape the coldness. Someone opened her trailer door.