Take one!

Chapter 8: Take one!

Melissa was woken up bright and early by her prep crew.

"First day of shooting!" Erin and Katie cheered.

Melissa yawned and stretched out her sore arms. "What's the schedule?" she asked, wishing Krysti was here.

Katie tapped on her chin. "We're supposed to get you into full costume with hair and makeup done. Then, we're coming with you to drive out into the mountainous area where there's snow.

Melissa nodded. "Remind me to bring my winter duffle..."

"I'll get it. Why don't you go wash up and we'll get going?" Erin suggested.

Melissa yawned once more and threw back the covers. She took a quick hot shower and sat in her swivel stool in front of the mirrors. Katie handed Melissa a bagel and a thermos of tea.

"I really miss Krysti," Melissa said, sipping her tea.

Melissa was usually pretty clueless about what was going on but Krysti always kept everyone on task.

Erin sprayed her hair and got it wavy and braided. As soon as Erin was done, Katie took her place and began dabbing foundation on Melissa's face.

"We're going to touch everything up when we get on set," Katie reminded her.

Erin helped Melissa get into her costume and looked her over. "Beautiful," she said, nodding approvingly.

Melissa put on sweat pants over the thin leggings. Under her dress was a compression shirt do she wouldn't get too cold. Melissa also had her duffle of her day's necessities. Erin had her hair kit and Katie had the makeup case ready to go.

The three rode in a large jeep through the dirt paths and higher up toward the mountainous regions.

"Look, snow!" Katie pointed.

They pulled up to a group of trailers. The crew was already getting set up.

"Oh good, Melissa here," Benedict said as Melissa got out.

He had on a winter coat, hat, gloves and a scarf. In one hand was a script and the other had a giant thermos. Melissa guessed it was coffee.

They went into a trailer where Melissa got her hair and makeup touched up and then dusted with dirt. On set, they were currently filming the younger versions of Marina Cleo. The youngest girl in the cast was Star Beck. Melissa guessed her parents really wanted her in the industry if they named their child "Star." At the age of six, she was already getting into acting. She barely knew how to read! The mom stood beside Benedict as Star was being filmed. If Benedict wanted her to act differently, he would tell the mom who would then go up next to the girl and quietly explain it to her.

Melissa felt bad for the little girl. The wind was blowing and it was cold but the young Marina Cleo was digging through the garden for radishes, potatoes and other root vegetables. They also filmed her picked up sticks in the snow. Star's fingers were red from the cold.

"And cut!" Benedict yelled. "Great job, honey," he said, high fiving Star. "You can go into the trailer for hot cocoa," he told her. "Until we need you to film again."

Star nodded and her mom quickly wrapped her in a blanket to keep her warm and took her inside.

"I need ten year old Marina Cleo!" Benedict yelled.

"It's Melissa Temple!" the girl yelled, running up and hugging Melissa.

"Hi there," Melissa said, patting her. "What's your name?"