Back and Forth

Chapter 15: Back and Forth

"That's a wrap for this week!" Benedict announced. "I hope you all appreciate this week off. I expect all of you to be in perfect shape when we get back," he reminded everyone.

Melissa pulled the elastics out of her hair and went to get changed out of her costume. Benedict was adding a plot twist to the movie so the actors were given a week off. Apparently, he was adding a new character to the mix.

"Melissa!" Vivian called. "Are you coming to the cast party?"

"I don't know," Melissa said. "Julia?"

"Can't," Julia said. "I have to be in the recording studio. Danny and I are doing a collaboration album before he leaves on tour."

"Oh..."

"Come on," Vivian said. "Everyone's going. Don't you just want to relax?" she asked.

"I suppose," Melissa said. "Where is it?"

"It's in this really expensive bar," Vivian explained. "We got a huge party room upstairs though. There's going to be karaoke, food and just some socializing."

"Oh, okay," Melissa agreed. "I'll be there."

"Awesome,"

Melissa grabbed her bag and her extra street clothes.

"Hey," Ryan said, walking in step with her.

"Hi," Melissa said, busying herself with packing up her bag.

"Are you mad at me?"

"Why would I be?"

"I don't know," Ryan said, easily keeping up with her increased walking pace. "You barely spoke one word to me these few days."

"What do you want me to say?" Melissa asked.

"Did I offend you somehow?" Ryan asked. "Why are you acting this way?"

"I'm acting this way?!" Melissa snapped. "Just how am I supposed to act? You want me to fangirl over you like everyone else? You want me to buy that you're all charming and perfect?"

"What are you talking about?" Ryan demanded. "I never asked you to do that."

"Whatever," Melissa said. "I got to go."

"Wait, Melissa!" Ryan said as Melissa got into her car.

"What's wrong?" Alice asked, walking up beside Ryan. He watched her car drive away.

"I have no idea," Ryan said. "She's mad at me and I have no idea why."

Alice thought about it. "What did you do? You can be pretty annoying sometimes and say insensitive things."

"Alice..." Ryan growled.

"Sorry," Alice said, holding up her clipboard. "Don't hurt me! I'm your cousin by blood! You're a Rider. You don't kill kin!"

"Let's just get back to LA," Ryan said, tossing Alice his bag.

"Are you going to the cast party?" Alice asked, struggling to hold onto his duffle.

"No,"

"NO?!" Alice shrieked. "Do you even still want a chance with Melissa?!"