Bye

"Sure? You want to go?" Shawn asked you for the millionth time as he loaded your suitcases inside his Jeep.

"Yeah... Nothing much left for me in this town." You say but struggled to to look into his eyes. Everything was ruined here. Your mum died long ago and then your dad also left you six months ago.

One thing that still was yours was Shawn, but he never noticed your admiration for him. That was the worst of all, it was killing you deep down inside. You both have been friends ever since third grade.

"...But what are you gonna do in Amsterdam, anyway?" Shawn asked as you both got in the car.

"Uhm.. Complete collage and then get a job and then.." Before you could complete Shawn said, "...and marry and have kids and live your life peacefully?"

"Pretty much." You said as you both drove to the airport.

"What happened to MY Y/N? Y/N who lived her life to the fullest. Y/N who never thought of the future and enjoyed every bit of her life. Y/N who... who never ran away from her problems..." Shawn said driving.

You happened! You happened to your Y/N!! Wait, he called me his?

"P-Problems? Which problem?" You said avoiding your mouth to utter the words you thought.

"It IS certain that you are running away.. It's all written on your face." He said as you saw the houses pass by that you may never see again.

You just wanted to run away, away from Shawn so that he never realizes you love him, you were really not good for him, not the type of girl he'd spend his life with.

"N-no..." You said as tears came out of your eyes, but somehow you didn't allow them to roll down your cheeks.

"Your life, your choices, who may I be to comment on your commitments?" Shawn said as you could see this voice go sad.

"Nothing like that, really!" You say as you could see the airport.

"Here..." he said with discontent on his face.

You fake smiled.

"Want me to drop you in?" Shawn said.

"You don't have to... I mean if it's for the sake of formality or something." You say as you make your way through his car.

"C'mon you're my best friend, I'm gonna miss you so much! All the memories we had... I could at least spend those last moment with you..." He said and came out of his car too.

YA, BEST FRIEND!

Both of you got your luggage out and he dropped you to the entrance.

"I'm so happy for you but so sad at the same moment!" Shawn said.

"I'm gonna miss you so much!" You say as you pull him into a tight hug.

"I'm gonna miss you more, but make sure to visit here sometime!" He whispered in your ear.

"You could also visit me in Amsterdam, sometime, I mean you are THE SHAWN MENDES!" You say pulling away.

"Ah- Uh, Only 'Shawn' for you..." He said. "Here,  some muffins for you. Well, I tried to bake." He continued handing you a packet. "Maybe when you eat these you'll remember me, at least for a day or two..." he said and fake smiled.

You tried to laugh but failed.

"Okay!" He said, "Bye!" He continued. No one spoke for a few moments.

"Bye." You said and turned back. Okay! Y/N new, life, new possibilities. But you couldn't resist yourself from looking back, for maybe THE LAST TIME! You turned and found Shawn's eyes flooding with tears.

He was crying for me? But, I can't go back now! Obviously he loves me but as a friend.

You somehow managed to get on the plane but his crying face kept appearing in front of your eyes.

*Amsterdam*

You were looking through the packet he gave you. He totally failed at baking but the muffins still were good. Suddenly you see a note. You opened it and started to read:

Y/N,

Hey Beautiful! You know I'm such a loser when it comes to express my feelings. So, I don't know why it never crossed my mind but I am better when I am with you, I mean I am myself. You make me feel special. As special I've never felt before. Last night, when I stayed at your place I just realized something... I realized how beautiful you really are. I realized how special you are. I realized what I have been missing for these 9 years. I realized I LOVE YOU! Obviously, I liked you but it was not until last night when I realized I REALLY LOVE YOU! EVERY BIT OF YOU! Last night, when you were sleeping I pretended that I was too, but to be honest I was admiring you the whole night! I was thinking about what after you leave.. But I failed. I couldn't think a life without you Y/N! You really mean a lot to me and now that you're gone I know there is not much I can do... I just wanted you to know how I felt. I can wait for you... my entire life but I know you wouldn't return. Why would you even like a loser like me? You deserve someone who is just like you, flawless not a 6 feet tall giraffe who sings some stupid love songs he wrote keeping you in mind. I could be one of those Superstars, but I am not even myself without you... And now that you are gone I don't know what to do... I Just LOVE YOU SO DAMN MUCH!

Yours forever and always,

Shawn x

You finished reading the whole thing. I LOVE YOU. That's what Shawn wrote for me! As soon as you did your phone rang, it was Shawn.

"Hey!!!!" He said cheerfully.

"Hi..." You replied in brief.

"You seem upset?" He said.

"Upset? I LOVE YOU TOO!!" You spit those words out of your mouth finally.

"Oh, You read it?" He said sounding embarrassed.

"ILOVEYOU! ILOVEYOU! ILOVEYOUSOMUCH!" You said as you couldn't contain your excitement.

"I love you more!" He said.

A/N

Hope y'all liked it and if you did make sure you click that star and comment.

~Daisy xox