2 - Just Trying To Figure It Out

Cole POV

"What do you mean, you 'think' you're pregnant?" Cassie asked.

"I'm late and I've never been late before."

"Did you take a test?" She asked.

"No, I was going to when I got home."

"Does Mikey know?" I shook my head.

"I don't want to tell him until I'm completely positive." I said.

"Cole you have to-" Cass started, but she stopped when the door opened. Hayley walked in and smiled at us.

"Hey." She said. She turned to me. "Cole, right?" I nodded. "Congratulations." She smiled and hugged me.

"Thanks." I said.

"Oh, Cassie," Hayley said and turned to her. "Someone was looking for you out there."

"Okay." Cassie said and walked out. Hayley smiled at me.

"If you don't mind, I have to pee. But you don't have to leave. We can just talk through the door." She said, nicely.

"That's fine." She smiled and stepped into one of the bathroom stalls. She closed the door and I heard it lock.

"So, I saw you talking to Alex Gaskarth." She said.

"Yeah. We're friends. We were just talking about this concert that My Chem and All Time Low are doing."

"He told me about that. He asked if Paramore wanted to preform." She said. I suddenly felt the need to pee. I walked into the stall next to Hayley's, shut the door and locked it. I sat down and peed. I smiled.

"Hayley," I said.

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask you a question? It's kinda personal."

"What?" She asked.

"Do you have a tampon?" I chuckled.

"Here," She said. She reached under the wall that divided the stalls, and handed me a tampon.

"Thanks."

"Anytime." She said. I finished my business, flushed, unlocked the door, and walked out. I was still smiling. Hayley flushed and walked out. "Are you smiling because you're on your period?"

"I'm smiling because I'm not pregnant." I said.

"Okay." We both ran our hands under the sink and walked out of the bathroom.

"Hayley?" I said.

"Yeah."

"What did you say? About doing the concert?"

"I talked it over with Taylor and Jeremy and they said they were in. So, I guess we're performing." She smiled. "You and Alex are just friends, right? You never dated or anything like that?"

"Nope. Just friends." I said. She smiled slightly. Does Hayley like Alex back? I'll have to ask her later. Hayley Gaskarth has a nice ring to it.

"The guys are probably wondering where I am." She said. "But, it was nice talking to you." She smiled and walked over to the other members of Paramore. I found Mikey sitting at our table. I walked over and sat next to him.

"Where did you disappear to?" He asked.

"Bathroom."

"You didn't go in there with Alex, did you?" He asked, concerned.

"No. You're the only guy I want to be with." I said and kissed him.

"What do you want to do when we get home?" He asked.

"Be lazy." Mikey laughed. "What time is it?"

Mikey pulled his phone out of his pocket and checked the time. "4:30"

I groaned. The reception ended at eight. I'm tired and I really want to go home. But, since Cassie is my best friend, I'll try to stay for the whole thing.

"It's only three-and-a-half more hours." Mikey said. I groaned again. "What's wrong?"

"I'm tired." I said, sleepily. He kissed my forehead and rubbed circles in my back.

"We can leave early, if you want."

"We can't."

"Why?"

"Because when we leave, Payton has to come with us, and Cassie wants to spend as much time as she can with him." I reminded him.

"Why did we agree to that?"

"Because we're his godparents. Plus, they begged us." I said. We both laughed. Cassie begged me for three days before I finally agreed.

"It's good parent training." He said.

"Do you want to have a baby?" I asked.

"After we're married." He looked at me and his eyes widened. "Why, are you pregnant?"

"No. You don't have to worry about that."

"Stop doing that to me."

"Sorry." I said and kissed him. Give Me Your Hand by The Ready Set was playing. I took Mikey's hand and stood up. "Come on." He stood up. I pulled him to the dance floor. I put my arms around his neck.

"What are you doing?" He asked, curiously.

"Slow dancing." I said, obviously.

"Why?"

"Because normalcy isn't our thing." I said and smiled. He smiled back. I put my head on his shoulder. "I love you."

"Yeah, I know."

"Why'd you say that?" I asked.

"Because normalcy isn't our thing." My smile widened. "I love you, too."

The time slowly passed, but the wedding came to an end. Everyone walked outside the venue to watch Frank and Cassie drive off. Their limo was waiting. Cassie was holding Payton.

"Okay, Cass. Time to let him go." I said.

She nodded and kissed his forehead. "I love you, Payton. I'll be back in a few days." She wiped a few stray tears away. She handed him to Frank. He kissed his forehead and smiled.

"We'll be back in a few days, okay. I love you." Frank handed me Payton and smiled.

"Call me if you need anything." Cassie said. She's still in new-mom mode.

"Cass, we'll be fine. Go have fun. You're twenty years old. You're only young once. Payton will be fine." I said. She nodded and kissed Payton's forehead one more time. She hugged me and smiled. "He'll be fine."

"Bye." She said and got in the car. Frank got in after her and closed the door. The limo drove off and, slowly, people started leaving. Payton yawned and closed his eyes.

"Can you drive? I'm too tired." I said.

"Yeah." Mikey said. We walked over to our car and I put Payton in the car seat Cassie gave me. I closed his door and climbed in the passenger's side. We drove away from the venue and I tried not to fall asleep.

A little while later, we got home. I got Payton --who was now asleep-- out of the car, and brought him inside. I brought him up to the guest room that we put his pack-and-play-crib-type-thingy in. I didn't bother changing his cloths, because he was asleep. I walked into my room and sat down on the bed. Mikey --who was now wearing an Iron Maiden t-shirt and Batman pajama pants-- walked in and sat next to me.

"Can you unzip this?" I asked, and gestured to the zipper on my dress. I held my hair away from the zipper, so it didn't get caught. I slipped out of the dress and left it on the floor. I pulled a Blink-182 shirt, sweat pants, and fuzzy socks. I put them on and walked into the bathroom. I wiped my make-up off and pulled my hair into a messy ponytail.

I walked back into our room and laid down. "I can't sleep." I said.

"You laid down twenty seconds ago." Mikey said.

"And that matters because?" I asked.

"Goodnight, Cole."

"Goodnight."

Sometime around 12 a.m

"Mikey." I said, sleepily.

"Yeah?"

"The baby's crying."

"Okay."

"Make him stop." I said.

"Fine." I felt him get up. A few minutes later, Payton stopped crying. I fell back asleep and didn't hear Payton cry again.

XoXo

~XhannahX