10 - The Only Hope For Me Is You

Cole POV

Today is the day. Today is the day I'm marrying Mikey. I've been dreaming about this day since eighth grade.

"Are you ready?" Cassie asked, as she zipped the back of my dress. I nodded, happily.

"Cole you look beautiful." Hayley said. I smiled. My hair was super-straight, I had light make-up on, and I had two different earrings in. One was a 'C' and the other was an 'M'. My dress was a simple, thin-strapped dress, with a slightly-flowing skirt, and a very short train. I was wearing a necklace that Mikey got me in tenth grade. It had a sapphire gem on it. Sapphire is Mikey's birthstone. I had Cassie's white converse on. She let me borrow them because I didn't want to wear heels or flats.

Christa, Hayley, Lyn-Z, and Cassie were wearing black strapless. dresses that ended just below their knees. They had white bows tied around their waist. They all had black flats on. Jack was wearing a black tux with a black tie and white-on-black converse. He matched all the groomsmen.

"Are you ready?" Lyn-Z asked me. I nodded.

"You look beautiful." Jack said and kissed my forehead. "Mikey's a really lucky guy to have a girl like you."

"Thanks Jack." I said.

"Okay guys, it's time." The wedding director said, calmly. I was freaking out on the inside. Jack walked out first, followed by Christa, Hayley, and Cassie.

"You really do look beautiful." Lyn-Z said, and linked arms with me. We walked onto the aisle and everyone stared at me, smiling. I popped a Xanax a little while ago, so my anxiety wasn't as bad.

"Don't trip, don't trip, don't trip." I whispered to myself.

"You're not going to trip.' Lyn-Z whispered to me. I saw Mikey standing at the front of the altar and smiled. He returned my smile. Jack reached the front of the altar and stood in the 'bridal corner', along with Christa, Hayley and Cassie. Lyn-Z and I reached the front, she let go of my arm, and kissed me on the cheek. She stood behind me and smiled. I handed her my bouquet of white roses.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness the joining of two lives. This is the marriage celebration of two people who are special to you." The minister started. "These two separate people have chosen this special time and place to be married to each other. The decision to marry is not entered into lightly, but rather is undertaken with great consideration and respect for both the other person and oneself. You as friends and family are able to celebrate with Michael and Cole in making of this important commitment.

"Marriage symbolizes the sharing of two lives. Yet this closeness will not diminish the character or being of either individual partner. As your marriage continues to grow, your understanding of each other will continue to expand. Time and togetherness will gain for each of you a deep knowledge of each other. Today's marriage ceremony signifies the beginning of a lifetime of wonderful human experiences to be shared as husband and wife. Please face each other and hold hands." We did as the minister said. "Now we celebrate the love that Michael and Cole have for each other. As family and friends you give social recognition to their intention to permanently accept the other by reciting the marriage vows:

"Michael, do you take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do." Mikey said, looking deep into my eyes.

"Will you love her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, and keep yourself only unto her as long as you both shall live?"

"I will."

"Cole, do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do." I said, looking back into Mikey's eyes.