15 - All The Times That We Messed Up

Cole POV

"Okay, people. This is how today is going to go." I said. My Chem, All Time Low, Christa, Lyn-Z, Cass, Payton, and Hayley were sitting in the living room. "You're all going to write a name on a piece of paper and put it in the beanie Mikey's holding. We're going to look at them all and whichever one we like best, is our daughter's name. Ground rules: you cannot name it after me or Mikey, and Cassie, you cannot name her after yourself."

"Hey!" She said, defensively. "Yeah, I probably would've done that."

"What do we get if you pick the name we wrote?" Alex asked.

"The satisfaction of naming our child." I said.

"Okay, everyone. Write down a name." Mikey said.

Everyone--except me and Mikey--wrote down their name pick and put it in the hat. "Okay." I said. I reached in and picked a piece of paper. "Taylor."

Hayley's face fell and she looked very sad. I knew what she was thinking. "Sorry to whoever wrote this, but I don't like that name." I said.

Frank raised his hand. "Eh, I don't really care. I couldn't think of anything else." Hayley smiled, thankful that Alex didn't write it.

Mikey picked the next name from the hat. "Amy." We looked at each other and shook our heads. "Sorry."

"No problem." Rian said. That must've been his pick.

I selected the next one. "Evie." I shook my head.

After seeing the names "Maya, Megan, Holly, Daisy, Erin, and Lauren" there were only two names left. "Jessica." I read off one of the remaining pieces. Mikey shook his head.

"And you yelled at us for being 'too picky'." Cassie said. Obviously, that was the name she wrote.

"There's still one more name." I said. "And if we don't like that one, my vote is for Maya."

"Yay." Hayley said. I exhaled the breath I was holding and took the last piece of paper out of the beanie. I looked at it and smiled. I looked at Mikey and showed him the name. He smiled and nodded.

"Ava." I read aloud.

"That was mine." Lyn-Z said, happily.

"Congratulations, Miss Ballato, you just named our baby." I said. She hugged me. "Thank you."

"Anything for you guys."

"We don't have to pick a middle name, do we?" Cassie asked.

I looked at Mikey. "Um, no, we can do that."

"Okay."

"We have to go." Christa said. Her and Ray stood up, said goodbye, and left.

"We better get going, too." Alex said. All Time Low stood up and left. Hayley did the same.

"I wish I could stay, but it's Payton's nap time." Cassie said. She hugged me, and I said goodbye to Frank and Payton. I looked at Lyn-Z and Gerard.

"We don't have to be anywhere." She said.

"Can you help us paint her room?" I asked. Doctor Altman said it wasn't good for me to be near paint fumes.

"Totally. Do you already have the paint?"

"Yeah. It's up in her room." I said and directed them to Ava's future room. It was so weird calling her "Ava" instead of  "Baby".

The room was a good size for a baby. The walls were white, considering this was just an extra room when we moved in. Lyn-Z looked at the paint cans, sitting on the floor in the middle of the room. "Thank, God, her room wont be pink."

"I would never let my child have a pink room. Unless, God forbid, she wanted it." I said. The color we picked for her room was light gray. The crib we had picked out was white, so was her changing table and dresser. We were going to put light-purple curtains on the two windows, with the same color rug on the floor. There is going to be a light purple chair next to her crib.

"Okay. I'll get started." Lyn-Z said. I smiled and went to my room. I sat down on my bed and turned on My Soul To Take. Halfway through the movie, I fell asleep.

Her name is Ava! I'm not telling the middle name until the birth.

Has anyone else seen My Soul To Take? Or is it just me?

XoXo

~XhannahX