7 - Have You Heard The News?

Cole POV

"Mom?"

She slapped me across the face. Well, hello to you too, bitch.

"Cole, are you okay?" Lyn-Z knelt down next to me. Everyone was standing behind us.

"Bitch." I said, and looked at my mother. "What the hell was that for?"

"You're coming home, Nicole." She said, bitterly.

"No!" Cassie and I yelled at the same time.

"Which one is he?" My mother asked.

"What?" I asked.

"Which freak are you marrying?" There was so much cold and bitterness in her voice. Wait, how did she know I was getting married? I never told her.

"How did you know I was getting married?" I asked. I was still on the ground. Lyn-Z stood up and held her hand out to me. I took it and she pulled me up.

"It's all over the Internet, Nicole. Now, fucking tell me who you're marrying!" She screamed.

"Mikey." I said, quietly. He stood next to me and held my hand. "Mom, this is Mikey."

"There is no way in hell I'm letting you marry my daughter."

"Yes, there is." I argued.

"NICOLE!" She screamed.

"I'm nine-fucking-teen! I can make my own decisions! I want to marry him! And I'm going to." I started crying. My mother walked forward and slapped me again. "Bring it on, BITCH!" I went to punch her, but she grabbed my arm.

"You're such a disappointment. What happened to my daughter?"

"Mom, I am your daughter." I said, tears streaming down my face.

"No you're not. You're a disappointing, useless, worthless, piece of shit." She said.

"Don't talk to her that way." Lyn-Z said, suddenly next to me. She smiled and slapped my mother.

"Go Lyn-Z!" I said and hugged her.

"What about your family, Nicole?" My mother asked. Fuck my actual family. I don't need them.

"Screw you. I don't need you. My family is right here. Except for you."

"NICOLE ABIGAIL STEVENS!"

"That's not my FUCKING name, bitch." I said and slapped her. "My name is Cole. My last name isn't Stevens anymore. It's Way. Because I'm getting married, no matter what you say. This is my life, not yours. I can make my own decisions. Now, get out of my fucking house, go back to the shit-land that is New Jersey, and just forget about me."

"I thought I raised you better." She said. She turned to the door. "Oh, and don't come crying to me when he cheats on you with someone way hotter than you."

"Trust me, Mikey isn't like Dad. He wont cheat on me." I said.

"We'll see." She said and left.

"Wait, your dad cheated on your mom?" Cassie asked.

"Yeah. Surprisingly, they're still married." I said. Cassie smiled. I hugged Lyn-Z. "Thank you."

She hugged me back. "Anytime."

I looked at Gerard. "I like her. So don't screw up your relationship." Lyn-Z laughed.

"Now, back to our regularly scheduled programing." Cassie said. I laughed. "You know, I always hated your mom."

"Trust me, everyone does." I said. Everyone nodded.

Eventually, everyone left. Mikey and I were sitting on the couch. The Breakfast Club was playing on the TV.

"Are you okay?" Mikey asked.

"My face hurts, but other than that, I'm fine." I had a cut on my face from the repeated slapping.

"Why does she hate you so much?"

"Because I'm not hers."

"What?"

"You've never noticed? My blonde hair, my blue eyes, my pale skin. Her brown eyes, dark brown hair, perfectly tan skin. My parents thought I would never find out, but I heard them talking about it one night. My dad screwed someone, and nine months later, there I was. My real mom didn't want me. She left me on their doorstep.

"The girl who raised me wanted a completely different daughter. She wanted the daughter who did ballet and was the star of the soccer team. The daughter who was into shitty pop music, who every other girl was jealous of. The daughter who is the complete opposite of the one she has."

"I'm sorry."

"I uh, I met her once. My real mom. Her name is Addison. When I met her, I knew she was mom. I hadn't heard my parents talk about it yet. When I met her, I just knew. It was like I was looking in a mirror. She's the reason we moved. My parents didn't want me around her."

"That sucks." Mikey said and kissed my forehead.

"I'm going to find her one day."

"Okay." He smiled. "Earlier you said that your last name was Way. We're not married yet."

"So? In a few weeks we will be."

"Should I start calling you Cole Way?" He asked.

"If you want." I kissed him chastely on the lips. I rested my head on his shoulder and watched the movie.

So Cole's "mom" is a psycho bitch.

XoXo

~XhannahX