4 - You Only Hear The Music When Your Heart Begins To Break

Cole POV

Today is the day of the concert! I'm nervous as fuck. I'm only doing one song, but I'm still really nervous.

"You ready?" Mikey asked me. My Chemical Romance was first to perform. Then All Time Low, Fall Out Boy, and finishing off with Paramore. Everyone was backstage.

"Yeah, I think so." I laughed, nervously.

"You'll do great." He said and kissed me.

"Mikes, it's show time!" Gerard said.

"I'll see you in a little bit." He smiled, and walked on stage.

"HELLO LOS ANGELES!" Gerard yelled into his microphone. The crowd cheered in response. "Before we get started, I would like to thank All Time Low, Fall Out Boy, and Paramore for performing with us today!" The crowd cheered again.

Their set-list consisted of: Skylines And Turnstiles, Helena, House Of Wolves, Vampires Will Never Hurt You, I'm Not Okay, I Don't Love You, Demolition Lovers, To The End, Cancer and Teenagers.

"Goodbye L.A. We love you!" Gerard yelled, before walking off stage. Mikey kissed me and smiled.

"I'll see you in a little bit." Alex said and walked onto the stage. Following him was Jack, Rian, and Zach. "WHAT'S UP L.A.!" He said into the microphone. All Time Low's set-list was: Jasey Rae, Six Feet Under The Stars, Weightless, Coffee Shop Soundtrack, Stay Awake, Lost In Stereo, Lullabies, Dear Maria, and Therapy.

When Therapy was over, Alex looked at me and smiled. "Okay, everyone. We have a little surprise for you. Cole Stevens, get out here!" I walked out to the stage and waved to the crowd. "Before we go, we're going to play a song called Remembering Sunday."  The crowd started cheering.

The intro started and Alex started singing.

"He woke up from dreaming and put on his shoes
Started making his way past 2 in the morning
He hasn't been sober for days

Leaning now into the breeze
Remembering Sunday, he falls to his knees
They had breakfast together
But two eggs don't last
Like the feeling of what he needs

Now this place seems familiar to him
She pulled on his hand with a devilish grin
She led him upstairs, she led him upstairs
Left him dying to get in

Forgive me, I'm trying to find
My calling, I'm calling at night
I don't mean to be a bother,
But have you seen this girl?
She's been running through my dreams
And it's driving me crazy, it seems
I'm going to ask her to marry me

Even though she doesn't believe in love,
He's determined to call her bluff
Who could deny these butterflies?
They're filling his gut

Waking the neighbors, unfamiliar faces
He pleads though he tries
But he's only denied
Now he's dying to get inside

Forgive me, I'm trying to find
My calling, I'm calling at night
I don't mean to be a bother,
But have you seen this girl?
She's been running through my dreams
And it's driving me crazy, it seems
I'm going to ask her to marry me

The neighbors said she moved away
Funny how it rained all day
I didn't think much of it then
But it's starting to all make sense
Oh, I can see now that all of these clouds
Are following me in my desperate endeavor
To find my whoever, wherever she may be"

"I'm not coming back
I've done something so terrible
I'm terrified to speak 
But you'd expect that from me
I'm mixed up, I'll be blunt, now the rain is just
Washing you out of my hair and out of my mind
Keeping an eye on the world,
From so many thousands of feet off the ground, I'm over you now
I'm at home in the clouds, and towering over your head."

Alex finished the song. "Thank you L.A. You guys are awesome!" Alex said. I blew a kiss at the crowd and followed the guys off stage. "You were amazing." Alex said and hugged me. Hayley was standing a few feet behind him. The smile she was wearing slowly faded. I pulled out of the hug and smiled at Alex.

"Go talk to Hayley."

"What? Why?" He said, anxiously.

"Don't be nervous. Just be the awesome Alex Gaskarth I know." He smiled and went to go talk to her.

Fall Out Boy walked on stage. Their set-list was: Grand Theft Autumn, Dance, Dance, Me & You, 7 Minutes In Heaven, Hum Hallelujah, All Of The Gin Joints In The World, "The Take Over, the Breaks Over", I Slept With Someone In Fall Out Boy And All I Got Was This Stupid Song Written About Me, Sugar, We're Goin' Down, and ended with Thnks Fr Th Mmrs. They walked off stage and Paramore walked on.

Alex walked over to me, so he could watch them perform. He was wearing a very sad smile.

"Alex, what's wrong?" I asked.

"She's leaving." He said, not taking his eyes off of Hayley.

"Alex, I'm sorry." I said and hugged him.

"LOS ANGELES! ARE. YOU. READY. FOR. PARAMORE!" Hayley yelled into her microphone. I looked at Alex and sighed.

"You love her, don't you?" I asked.

"I think I do." He said, sadly. The intro to That's What You Get kicked in. The rest of their set was: Ignorance, Crushcrushcrush, Brick By Boring Brick, Misery Business, Playing God, Fences, Feeling Sorry, We Are Broken, and they finished with The Only Exception.

"Okay, I would like to call Gerard Way, Mikey Way, and Cole Stevens out onto the stage!" Hayley said and looked at me.

"Should I be scared?" I whispered to Alex. He laughed and pushed me out to where Hayley was. Gerard and Mikey followed me. Hayley handed the mic to Gerard.

"Okay, so as many of you probably know, Mikey and Cole are together. But, what you don't know is that they are getting married!" Gerard said, excitedly. Well, they know now. "Goodnight, Los Angeles, we all love you!" I ran off stage and threw up.

"Hey, are you okay?" Alex asked me.

"All the stress and anxiety got to me." I said and looked up at him. He rubbed my back and I threw up again. I heard footsteps approaching.

"She's over here." Alex said to whoever was looking for me.

"Cole, are you okay?" Mikey's calming, sweet voice asked. I threw up again and gave him a thumbs-up. I was fine, despite the fact that I'm vomiting. I stopped and stood up straight.

"Okay, I'm good." I said. Everyone laughed. Hayley hugged me. "Oh, Hayley. What's this I hear about you leaving?"

"Yeah. Tomorrow we start touring. We'll be back the week before your wedding. We go back on tour a few days after." She smiled. At least Alex will get to see her for a little while.

"Okay." I smiled. I hugged her again and whispered in her ear, "Do you like Alex?"

She blushed and nodded. I knew it! It just sucks that she's going on tour tomorrow.

"Hayley!" Someone called her name. She looked in that direction.

"I have to go. I'll see you in a few weeks." She smiled and walked a few feet. When she reached Alex she hugged him and kissed his cheek. He smiled, sadly. I smiled at him.

"Ready to go?" Mikey asked.

"Yeah." I said. We walked to our car and got in. Mikey started driving. It was awkwardly quiet. "Are you okay?"

"Are you sure that there's nothing going on with you and Alex?" He asked, nervously.

"Mikey, you're the only boyfriend I've ever had. Plus, we're getting married. I love you more than anything and I don't want to throw that away. Don't be jealous of Alex. He's in love with someone else, and I'm trying to get them together."

"Good." He said and relaxed. We got home and relaxed in the living room.

"Want to watch a movie?" I asked.

"Sure." We watched Addams Family Values. For the rest of the day we watched movies, drank tea, and just hung out.

XoXo

~XhannahX