6 - A Bit Of Luck

Cole POV    

Mikey, Ray, Christa, Cassie, Frank, Payton, and I were sitting in our living room. Gerard said he had big news to tell us.

"Why are we here?" Cassie asked.

"Because Gerard has something to tell us." Mikey said.

"How much longer do we have to wait?" Frank asked. We've been here for about forty-five minutes. Cassie was sitting on the floor, holding Payton. I walked over to her and sat down next to her. I took Payton from her and smiled at him. I heard a car door close and turned my head towards the door. I heard indistinct talking. Gerard walked in and smiled at everyone.

"We are gathered here today," He started.

"What, are we at a wedding?" I asked.

"Very funny, Cole. But, seriously, I want you guys to meet someone." He walked back over to the door. It opened and closed again. Gerard reappeared with a girl. "Guys, this is Lyn-Z. She's my girlfriend."

"Hi." Lyn-Z said, nervously. She was tall, had black hair, brown eyes, tattoos on her arms. She looked really familiar. Then, it hit me.

"Holy shit! You're Lyn-Z from Mindless Self Indulgence." I said, and my eyes widened. She smiled at me.

"Yeah." She said.

"I love your band."

"Thank you."

"Once again, this is my girlfriend." Gerard said.

"Congrats to you both." Mikey said and hugged his brother. I gave Payton back to Cassie and hugged Lyn-Z.

"I'm Cole, by the way." I said. She nodded. She turned to Cass.

"You're Cassie, right?" She said, but it sounded more like a question.

"Yeah." Cassie smiled. Lyn-Z pointed to Payton.

"And that's Payton." Cassie nodded. Lyn-Z turned to Frank.

"You're Frank." He nodded. She turned to Ray. "You're Ray."  Ray nodded. She turned to Mikey. "And you're Gerard's little brother, Mikey." Mikey smiled. Lyn-Z sat next to me on the ground.

"So, you're a Mindless fan."

"Hell yeah." I said.

"What's your favorite song?"

"Probably Shut Me Up." Lyn-Z smiled.

"I heard that you're getting married." Lyn-Z said.

"Yeah." I got an idea. "This is probably a really weird question, but do you want to be in my wedding?" Cassie looked at me like I was crazy.

"Um, sure." She said. I hugged her.

Everyone started talking about how Gerard and Lyn-Z met, when the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it." I said and got up. I walked to the door and opened it. On the other side was the one person that I didn't want to see ever again.

"Mom?"

Sorry it's short! But another cliffhanger... Kinda.

XoXo

~XhannahX