12 - The Aftermath Is Secondary

Cole POV

"Cassandra, you cannot be pregnant. You almost put Payton up for adoption, you considered getting an abortion, you can't have another baby. Not yet." I said.

"I don't know for sure. I still have to take a test." She said and pulled to tests out of her pocket.

"Why do you have two? You only have to pee on one."

"Because you're taking one with me." She said.

"Cassie, I'm not pregnant."

"Cole, I am scared shitless. Please just do it for me."

"Fine." I said. "But you have to pee in the shower." I pointed to it. She sighed and took her jeans off. She got in the shower and I heard her start peeing. I looked down at the white stick I was holding. I sat down on the toilet and peed on it. I flushed and pulled my pants up. Cassie stepped out of the shower and put her jeans back on. We set the tests on the sink counter. "Three minutes?"

"Yep." She said, staring at her test. I set a timer on my phone. "So, how was your trip?"

"Don't try to change the subject." She gave me puppy-dog eyes. "It was awesome." How does Frank live with her? Every time she gives those goddamn puppy-dog eyes, I crack. The timer on my phone went off. "Moment of truth." She grabbed hers, and I grabbed mine.

"Yes!" She squealed. "Not pregnant!" I smiled at her and looked at mine. My face fell. "Cole, are you okay?"

"I am."

"What?" She asked. Fear and shock set in.

"I'm having a baby." She smiled and hugged me.

"I'm so happy right now. I'm going to be an aunt!"

"Shut up." I snapped. Hurt washed over her face. "Cass, I'm sorry. I'm just in shock."

"Yeah, that doesn't go away for awhile."

"What am I going to tell Mikey?" I asked.

"The truth." I nodded. I walked out of the bathroom and downstairs. I sat down next to Mikey on the couch.

"We need to talk." I blurted out.

"Okay. What's wrong?"

"I-I'm." I took a deep breath. "I'm pregnant."

"Are you serious?" He asked. I nodded and handed him the test. He smiled and hugged me tightly.

"Wait, you're happy about this?"

"Of course. Aren't you?"

"Yeah. I'm just in shock." I said.

"I'm going to go." Cassie said and left.

"Cassie, wait." I said and ran after her. "I need Doctor Altman's phone number."

"Okay." She said. I handed her my phone and she entered the number. She handed me back my phone and hugged me. She got in her car and I walked back in the house. I called Doctor Altman's office.

"So I made an appointment for tomorrow." I said to Mikey.

"Is Cassie coming?"

"Actually, I want it to be just us. Just to make sure everything is okay." I said. He nodded.

"Can I, like, feel it?" I smiled, took his hand, and placed it on my small baby bump. "It's so weird that there's a person in there."

"I know. Are you sure you're ready for this?"

"Cole, I've been ready for this for a long time. Are you ready for this?"

"Yeah. I actually am." I said.

Baby Way is coming! Be happy

XoXo

~XhannahX