Chapter 12

A tweet. From someone I don't even know. 

"I'm glad Liam dumped you. You're a whore."

The tears start to fall. Then there's more.

"Slut. He deserves better." "Ha I knew he'd dump you. You're ugly."

I start bawling my eyes out. I rush to the bathroom and lock the door even though Anna isn't home. I go to the top drawer and pull out a blade. It's been years ince I've done this. I put it to my wrist. I close my eyes and push it down.

I open my eyes and see the blood dripping down my arm.

************************

a/n I do NOT in any way support cutting. If anyone needs to talk because they do cut I will listen and help! This is just for the story!

************************

I wake up on the bathroom floor. Anna still isn't home. 

I check my phone, avoiding my twitter account. Anna texted saying she would be at dinner with her mom.

I go to the kitchen to make some coffee even though it's late at night. I look down and see my arm. It brings tears to my eyes, bringing back the tweets.

When Anna gets home, I put my jumper on so she won't see my arm. 

"Are you really cold?" she asks. I nod. "It's like 75 degrees outside."

"Well I'm inside." I snap.

She looks kinda hurt.

"Anna I'm sorry."

"It's fine," she says slowly.

I feel really guilty now. Damnit. I can't be like that to my best friend. 

I walk to my room slowly, trying not to cry again. My phone starts to ring. I answer it before looking at who was calling.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Hey, Brooke," Niall says. My heart stops for a second.

"Um...hi," I speak slowly.

"This isn't about Liam or anything. We're friends now too. Remember?" he asks.

I nod and then realize he can't see me. "Yeah, we are," I tell him.

"Well we're gonna have a couple weeks off soon and I was wondering if for a couple days I could stay with you?" he asks nervously.

"Of course you can, Niall. I would love to have you around."

"Really? Awesome. I haven't told Liam that yet though, so don't tell him yet, okay?"

"Niall," I say slowly.

"Yeah?"

"Me and Liam aren't really talking, remember?" I say. I actually let out a giggle at Niall's gasp on the other end.

"Oh, Brooke, I'm so sorry!" he starts to apologize.

"It's fine, Niall. I'm not mad."

I hear him sigh. "Good."

We talk for a few more minutes and then he says he has to get off for an interview. Then he tells me to tune into it. I don't wanna tell him how bad it will hurt to see Liam, so I say I will.

I flip to the channel. The interviewer is in her mid-thirties and is totally flirting with Louis. I let out a small laugh.

"Hello boys," she says with a fake smile plastered on. "How are each of you?"

Niall answers first. "I've been great." Zayn nods with him, a huge smile.

"Yeah I've been really good, too!" Louis says. He looks so happy. I miss these boys.

"Yeah," Liam says, a small smile playing at his lips.

"I think we've all been doing really good. We all love going on tour so it's been a good time for us," Harry says.

The interviewer nods.

"Now," she says. "Onto relationships."