Chapter 16

"Harry!" I say. All of the boys are here besides Liam. I smile as Louis comes to give me a hug.

"What are you guys doing here?" I ask.

"This was the surprise!" Zayn says, hugging me last.

A huge smile plays on my face. "Yeah, we wanted to see you," Louis says.

"Yeah, we missed you. Liam gets so mad when we talk about texting you. He glares and tries to make us delete your number," Harry says.

I look down.

"Brooke, don't be sad," Zayn comes over and hugs me again.

"Your best friend is getting mad at you because of me."

"He's just being dumb right now," Niall replies.

"You, my good friend, are awesome," I tell him. I hug him now. "Thanks for my 'surprise'," I say with air quotes. He laughs at me.

"Anytime, Brooke."

These boys are awesome. Louis suggests ice cream so I grab my purse and my phone and we head out.

We all order our ice cream and we sit outside. Surprisingly, no fans have mobbed us yet.

When we finish we walk back to my house and we sit around the table catching up.

"How's tour going?" I ask. Anna and Niall are trying to be oblivious, but I can see them holding hands under the table.

"Good," Harry replies. He smiles. "The fans are great. The shows rock. Everything is just going really good!"

I smile at his answer.

"How are the girls? I ask Zayn and Louis.

"Perrie is amazing, like always," Zayn smiles.

"Eleanor is doing really good. I haven't seen her in a while though. She's really busy lately."

We talk for another hour or so before Anna has to go to work.

"Okay, try not to kill any annoying people."

"I'll try," she says with a wink. I smile at her.

Then she looks at Niall and smiles.

I didn't get much sleep last night. I woke up and then tossed and turned. I let out a yawn.

"Someone's a little sleepy," Zayn says.

"That wouls be me."

The boys laugh.

"I'll be right back," I tell them. I walk up to my room where I left my purse with my phone. I pull my phone out and walk out of my room and run into Harry.

"Sorry," I say as I steady myself.

"It's okay," he laughs.

"What are you doing up here?" I ask.

"I wanted to talk to you about something."

"Okay," I nod. I walk back into my room and I sit on the purple beanbag I have near my bed. He sits on the chair at my desk.

"So," he says. "Liam wanted me to not ever tell you this, but I have to."

I nod slowly.

"He still loves you, Brooke. He just thought he didn't and he felt he needed to end it, but then he realised that he still does."

I sit, silent. He gets closer and lifts my chin so I have to look at him.

"Do you love him?"

My eyes well with tears. "I wish I didn't anymore. He's with her. I shouldn't love him." I let out a sob. He pulls me closer and hugs me. I continue to cry.

"I'm sorry, Harry. I'm blubbering like a baby." I wipe my eyes.

"It's okay, Brooke." He wipes away a tear that I missed. He starts to lean in closer and my breath hitches in my thrat.

This can't happen. It's Liam's bestfriend. But he hurt me. But that doesn't make it okay.

My head is racing when I feel his lips reach mine.

The kiss is slow and sweet and I find myself kissing him back.

I blame it on not being kissed in a while. That's a good excuse right?

He pulls back and smiles at me. I can't help but smile back. He leans in and plants one last quick kiss on my lips.

"Wait, Harry."

"Yeah?"

"I can't...you know, date anyone knowing I still love him. Especially his best friend." I close my eyes, hoping he's not mad.

"I know." He smiles before walking out of the room.

I wait a few minutes before walking down. When I get down there I see something I was not expecting.