Chapter 24

I locked myself in the bathroom and fought tears. They, surprisingly, weren't as bad as I thought. I guess in used to this with Liam.

I exit the bathroom, hoping Liam is gone. He's not. He's siting on the couch just like he used to, in the same spot, in the same position. He turns when he hears the door open.

"I just have one thing to say," he says. "I won't quit fighting, but until I fix everything WE are going to be friends."

My jaw hits the floor.

"Cheer up buttercup, it gets ever better."

"Better?" I ask, quietly.

"Yes. We are not only going to be friend, but BEST friends."

"HEY!" I hear from the kitchen. I laugh as I realize Anna and Niall said it at the same time.

"Excuse me?!" I scream. "We are NOT going to be friends!"

"Yes we are," he says turning back to the tv. "Now come over here and watch tv with me."

"No thanks. I'm gonna go out for coffee."

"Great," he says hopping off the couch. "I love coffee."

"I didn't invite you." I say.

"You didn't have to," he replies with a wink.

I sigh to myself.

"I guess I don't want coffee."

"Yes you do. Lets go." He grabs my arm and leads me outside.

We start walking down the street and I feel completely awkward. He seems to be fine.

"So, how have you been?" he asks.

"Um...pretty good, I guess. I got excepted into uni so I'll be attending next fall."

"Good, Brooke I'm so proud of you!" he says with a smile. "Now as your best friend I have to ask, any boys in your life?"

My cheeks flush. I'm not sure if its from embarrassment or anger.

"You don't want to know because we're 'friends' you want to know as my ex boyfriend to see if I've replaced you like you replaced me!"

I see a look of hurt cross his face and I immediately feel horrible. He covers it up and puts on a smile.

"So how's Anna?"

I sigh before replying with clenched teeth. "She's good. Her ad Ni have a thing."

"I heard," he says with a sigh.

"What's wrong with that?" I say.

"Nothing. I think it's great."

"You realize I can tell when you're lying right?"

"I'm not."

"Mhmm, sure," I say.

He sighs again. Our hands brush and my face gets hot. We walk into Starbucks and walk up to the counter.

"I'll buy," Liam says.

"Okay you can buy yours and I'll buy mine."

"No I'll buy both."

I shake my head.

"Please as your best friend?" He begs.

"Fine," I say giving up. I can't handle those puppy dog eyes. I give in every time.

He smiles brightly like I just told him he could get a puppy.

A few minutes later he hands me my drink.

"Thank you, Liam." I sip my drink slowly as we sit down.

We hear the door open and Liam looks up and his smile drops. He puts his hood up. I look around confused. My jaw drops.