Chapter 14

I hug Niall as he walks through the door. Anna isn't far behind. Their hug is a little awkward.

"So is Liam pissed  that you wanted to stay here?"

"Well..." he says slowly.

"You didn't tell him did you?" I say.

He shakes his head slowly. "He's been so upset and snapping at everyone. He would've killed me!"

"It's not like he even has a say, Ni."

He nods. "Oh and I have a question?"

"There's food in the kitchen, already cooked," I smile at him.

He hugs me again. "Thanks, Brooke!" he says. Anna was alreadyin the kitchen eating. I really hope they hurry and admit their feelings for each other and date.

This whole "waiting" thing is not going well for me. I'm not very patient.

Anna comes into the living room where I am turning on the radio. She smiles at me before rushing upstairs.

The radio announcer starts to talk.

"Up next is the famous british/irish band One Direction. We've been hearing some rumors that Liam Payne's girlfriend Danielle Peazer is seeing someone on the side."

My jaw drops and I turn to go into the kitchen to tell Niall, but he's in the doorway, his eyes wide with shock.

"Do you know who she would do that with?"

"No," he says.

I shake my head. He may be an arse, but nobody deserves to be cheated on. Nobody. I know that pain and it sucks. But it's not like I can text him or call him. That would hurt. A lot.

Niall grabs his phone and does what I'm to chicken to do. He stays in the room, so I know what's going on.

They talk for a few minutes before Niall gets off the phone and sighs. "He says it's just a rumor."

I shake my head again. I don't know what to believe. It's not like I ever met the girl, so who am I to judge. I just don't like her because she took the love of my life. The one that said he'd never leave.

Guys...they pretend to care then crush you.

"Hey, Ni?" I say.

"Yeah?"

"Did...did he love me until the end?" I feel tears prick at my eyes, but I hold them back.

"Oh, Brooke," he says scooting closer and wrapping me in a hug. "He's just confused right now. He thinks the tour did it. He never wanted to hurt you, I promise."

"Why did he leave though? If tour was gonna be hard on us, what would make it better with her?" I can't hide the bitterness in my voice when I say that.

"He's an idiot. He doesn't know what he's thinking."

I hug Niall again. Anna walks in and sits on his other side. They have a conversation with her eyes and she leaves again taking her phone.

"Why is everybody acting so sneaky around me?" I nearly shout.

"We're not, Brooke. Anna and I are just trying to help."

I nod again. This time  I let tears fall, it's too hard to keep holding them in.

Niall hugs me once more before saying he needs to talk to Anna. I nod. This is going to be a weird week.