TAKE ME HOME: CHAPTER 8

Take me Home

Chapter 8: Nathan Who?

I walked out of the house and went to Julia’s house. It takes a couple of minute to reach her house. I impatiently press the doorbell when Julia came running to the front door. She looked pissed off and actually surprised.

“Hey, you don’t have to rape the doorbell button…” she read the expression on my face and sighed, “…so, what’s the catch?” she asked as we went inside the house to her room. She probably feels the dark aura hovering around me.

After explaining everything about the note and the home alone story, she just gave me a whack grin. She is kind of excited and happy about the idea of Harry staying with me.

“It-is-not-a-good-idea.” I emphasized each word just in case she didn’t get my point.

“Yes-it-is. Imagine Harry Styles of ONE DIRECTION going to be your nanny for a week. Girl, that’s one thing every fan will die for.” She said trying to catch her breath as she jumps up and down of the bed. I almost forgot, Julia is one die-hard fan.

“Whatever…”

“Where are you going?” she asked as I made my way towards the door.

“You forgot?...I have a practice with the school band.”

“Yeah.., for the upcoming acquaintance, I remember.”

“I’ll go ahead.” I gave her a hug before going out of the house.

“Take care…and think about the chance with Harry.” She said with her hands doing the heart shape.

“Jnel, focus…”

Mr. Leone told me for the fifth time. I am currently playing the guitar when all of a sudden Harry pop out of my head that I missed my part in the song. Another thing, the chalk box on Niall’s dashboard is driving me crazy. What if? Whatever, I tried my best to put away the thought.

“Jnel!” and for the sixth time I missed the chords. I looked around and saw my band mates worried. It was the first time they saw me made a mistake during our rehearsals.

“Let’s take a break.” Nathan offered and Mr. Leone agreed. He tapped my shoulder and left to get some coffee. I sit on the floor and rest my head in between my knees.

“Hey…are you okay?” Nathan, the vocalist and lead guitarist of the band we invited to sing with us on the party sat down beside me. He is about 6.2” tall with an athlete build and jet black hair. I know him since grade school but I never had the chance to be friends with him at that time since my world just revolved with Harry. In fact, during our childhood days Nathan and Harry always had a fight. It is only now that we get the chance to get close as friends when we start to join his band and my band.

“I’m fine.” I lie still not looking at him.

“You are not a pretty good liar.” He stated. I heard him sigh before his hands lifted my chin to face him. His blue eyes are in despair. Is it pity? We stay frozen for a minute or two not until a phone call breaks the silence.

“I-I… excuse me.” I looked away and he dropped his hands back to his side.

I immediately get the phone call… from Niall. Where did he get my number?

“Jnel… it’s me, Niall. Go home early.”

“Excuse me. I don’t think you have the right to order me around.”

“Well, in that case I won’t tell you who owns that chalk box.” And with that he ended the call.

I cursed under my breath and only to realize that I have an audience. Nathan, standing in front of me with two cans of soda in his hands.