Take me Home Chapter 19

Chapter 19: Our Story Should Never Exist

            Just when I thought a happily ending still exists, our story messed up…

I had the best week because of Harry. He just set up a set of surprise for me.  For starter, he baked a cake for me. He asked Paul to personally deliver it to me. It was a token to congratulate me to our band recital in the school. It means a lot to me that he was always making a way to show how much he loves me.

The next day, he sent me a video presentation of our picture together. He told me that it was Liam who helped him with it. I listened to the voice over he recorded for the background of the video.

            “Jnel, I know this can really crazy but Liam thought it will make you feel special. You know how I love you, right? I made a short message for you. Just hear it out and please don’t laugh at it, baby…”

I love how nervous his voice sounded like.  The way he called me baby never fails to make me smile. Do I even deserve this kind of guy? He is so perfect.

            “She never knows how beautiful she is. Her eyes hold all the things I wanted to see. I love all about her. When we were just kids, I always dreamed of her walking in the aisle wearing that white bridal dress. That’s one of the secrets I never told her, I know she might freaked out to find out her best friend truly madly deeply in love. I want to marry her but I left because of cowardice. God knows how I missed her. I got her picture in bed to look at it whenever I feel bad. I am glad she gave me another chance. I don’t know how I can continue a future without her. She means a lot to me. I still wish from the stars to keep our relationship strong against all odds.”

I smiled at the end of the video. I dialed his number and waited for him to say my name.

            “Jnel, I missed you.” He huffed through the line.

            “Thank you, Harry. You don’t know how happy I am.” I smiled at the phone.

            “I am glad to be at your service.” He chuckled.

He asked me about my status in school and how the paparazzi attacked me. I laughed over his silly jokes and I know we can survive this distance that challenges our relationship.

            “I have to go. I need to rehearse.”

            “Okay, see you soon.”

            “I know. Take care always. I love you.”

            “I love you.” I hanged up and went to school.

***

After the class, I decided to talk with Nathan. I want to apologize for everything that I did. I found him playing the guitar inside the music room. I know he was aware of I entered the room but he didn’t bother to look at me. He continued strumming his guitar without acknowledging my presence. I sit beside him and listen to the song he’s playing. It was ‘Tonight’ by FM Static, one of our favorite songs.

            “Nathan”, I finally break the silence right after the song, “I want to say something.”

He walked to the cabinet as if I didn’t say a word. I am holding back the urge to shout at him for being a stubborn. The thought was pushed aside with my guilt for making him feel miserable.

            “Please, just hear me out.” I plead.

            “So, you want to talk now?” he snapped at me.

I stepped back away from me. It was just not the kind of Nathan I expect to see. He would always be calm and nice. You made him like this, remember? I shut my inner conscience to lecture me, and focus on what to say first.

            “I know you’re mad at me. You have all the rights to be. It was my entire fault and I am sorry. I just…maybe I shouldn’t have date you.”

I explained and apologized with my voice cracking up. He looked at me with unreadable expression. His hands running through those ruffled hair as he paced back and forth. He stopped and moved closer to me. I cursed myself for not bringing Julia with me.

            “You know what? I have the right to get mad because it was your fault. All those damn dates that put my hopes up were poison to my heart.” I cringed at the weight anger in each word.

            “I am sorry…I didn’t mean to-“ he cuts me off.

            “I should be mad at you but I can’t. I blame that boy for coming back. If he didn’t show up, I am the one you will choose.”

            “I love him and you know that.”

            “Yes! I know that all this time you love him even though he isn’t good to you.”

            “Stop it. I am leaving. You can’t stop me from being with him.”

I couldn’t see any sign of closure with this conversation. It was getting worse than I had expected. I need to get out of the room before Nathan explodes. But, before I could step out of the music room his hands grabbed mine. He pushed me back to the wall. His blue eyes diluted with anger darted to my lips. I had to go but he was holding my hands too tight. I let out muffled scream before his lips crashed on mine. The kiss was rough and full of desire. His mouth tasted bitter with whatever liquor he drank. Tears spilled out on my face as I pushed him away.  I bit his hand and found the door but he pulled me with both hands. He pinned me back to the floor as his mouth moved down to my neck as I hear my clothes being ripped apart. I feel weak to fight.

            “Stop…please.” I choked in between sobs.

Harry, I was calling out his name though he’s too far away. I cried for help and no one ever heard of it.

'