Take me Home:Chapter 14

Chapter 14: Aftermath

JNEL’s POV:

            Two weeks had passed away since I got myself injured with my heroine act to save Harry. Two weeks of guilty Harry trying his best to take care of me in the hospital. I admit it was one thing I love the most with my near death experience. Harry was being the guy I used to know, the best friend I had before. One thing that bothers me was Nathan. He was very mad to the point that his fist almost knocked Harry on one of his hospital visit. Lucky enough, Liam was just around to stop the riot.

But, then I was grounded again for a life time. My parents were distressed to the extent that I thought Mom would have a heart attack when they found their only daughter lying in the hospital bed. They were feeling guilty for leaving me behind to have their out of town vacation. Another thing, they were surprised by the fact that I am dating Nathan. And now, I am stuck inside my bedroom trying not to die in boredom.

I felt my phone vibrated underneath the pillow. It was Harry calling.  For a millisecond, I debated on whether to pick it up or not. But, then my fingers tapped on the answer button.

“Hey…” his husky voice greeted me.

“What’s up?” I asked.

“I am just checking up on you.”

“I’m fine. Don’t worry.”

And we spent the half an hour talking on stuffs I did to keep myself busy. But, when Harry brought the Nathan subject my mood shifted down. Harry pissed me off again. He was actually messing with Nathan. Nathan is nice and I don’t know why he couldn’t see that. I ended up the call and furiously went back to my bed. Minutes later I heard the door bell rang. Y parents were not around so I had no choice but to go downstairs. When I open the door, Harry’s messy curls took me by surprise.

“I’m sorry.”

            I don’t know what to say but I ended walking out of the room but before I reached the staircase Harry caught my arm and pulled me into a hug. He is holding me tight but in a gentle way. My heart was about to jump out of place when he rested his head on top my shoulders.

            “H-Harry…” I stuttered at the moment. I was finding it hard to fight the urge to hold him back, too. God knows how much I miss this guy. “Please… stop this.”

“Jnel…I don’t want to lose you.”

His words hit a nerve. What should I do? I never did anything in my life but to hold on the hatred. I am afraid for risking once again. I admit that I wanted to give him a chance to prove himself. I could feel Harry’s heartbeat. I could hear it. The anger in my heart slowly subsides when I he say it again.

“I don’t want to lose you.”

I sighed and tap the back of his head and messed up his soft curls. He let go of me and I saw his eyes looking at me confused. I just put up a smile on my face.

“Are you hungry?” I asked. He was surprised by the question.

“What?”

I ignored him and lay on my bed, “I want a cup of coffee. Can you—“and before I could even finish my sentence Harry went down to the kitchen with his fast feet. The next thing I heard was the sound of kitchen utensils banging inside the house.

**

“How is it?”

I savored the moment to see Harry holding his breath as he waited for my verdict. His face reminds me of the days he was in the X factor and how did I know that? Hmmm… I actually watched him everyday in that reality show and that is ONE THING I would never ever tell him. It would make him think that I am definitely into him.

“Jnel?” Harry poked my left arm. I ignored him and took another sip to my oh-so-wonderful cup of coffee.

“Not that bad.” I said. He frowned and I swear that was priceless to see him like that and you know what I did? I burst into laughter and almost spill the coffee over me. I am not totally a meanie but when it comes to Harry who would not be so happy to tease him.

“Not that bad?” I heard him mumbled and smile to himself.  He stares at me and I smiled back before throwing a biscuit straight to his face.  His smile slowly fades away.

“Come on Haz, don’t tell me you’re just going to let me beat you?”  I stood up smiling at him and his face lit up with a grin.

“Food fight!” and just like a kid he yelled picking up the ketchup on the table and squeezing the content on my tank top. I threw all the biscuits on him and he ducked under the table. I squealed when he gets the mustard bottle to my face. We both laughed when we accidentally slipped on the floor. Maybe this is not that after all to be with him again just like the old days. The feeling was fantastic and different. It felt like being free from the burdens I had kept for the past years. The whole kitchen was in total disaster. I grabbed the carton of milk beside me and poured over Harry’s curly hair. His face turned red, I know how he hates when you put dirt on his curls. I immediately took a few steps backward and ran out of the kitchen. He followed screaming with a cup of flour on his hand.

“Not that one!” I yelled. He was smirking and I am so dead cornered. I closed my eyes and wait for the flour to stick on my shiny hair. One second…two second…nothing happens. When I open my eyes, Harry was just staring at me and his face a few inches away from me.

“Haz?” I asked but he put his finger on my lips. He wiped the mustard on my face and smile.

“I miss you.”

He moved closer when suddenly the door opened.

“Jnel?!” we both looked at the door and saw Nathan standing.

“Nathan?”

 “S-sorry…for interrupting… I’ll go back later.” He said and turned away.

“Wait!” I yelled. Nathan looked back, “Sit and wait for me.”

I immediately moved away from Harry and went to the kitchen to clean up myself. When I went to the living room Harry was still wiping his face with a towel and Nathan’s eyes watched him intently. I cleared my throat to get their attention. They both looked at me and I smile. I sat on one of the sofa between the two of them.