Take Me Home Chapter 18

Chapter 18: Officially Taken

            With him it always feels like home…

I was running out too fast when I found that Nathan almost killed Niall. He just punched the poor lad. If it wasn’t for the news I wouldn’t know about it. What would be the reason that Nathan got pissed? I took that moment to walk away as fast as I can. The coast was clear before I bumped to somebody’s back. I landed on my butt as we both gasped at the impact.

“Sorry…”

The Irish accent confirmed that it was Niall. Wait, what is he doing here? Is he with Harry?

            “Niall?!”

            “Jnel, it’s you!” He looked surprised as he reached out for my hand to help me stand. I looked at his face and it was bad. He got cuts and bruises on the lips and forehead.

            “How are you? I am sorry about Nathan.”

“I was actually looking for you?”

            What is wrong with these lads? He was looking for me? I could smell something from the way his lips moved. He was nervous. I know he is.

            “Really, what is it?” I asked as we walked to the vacant table in the cafeteria. It was the less crowded place at that time.

            He looked around and sighed. I think it took him years before he finally let out a word. I was starting to get worried about him. Niall isn’t the type of guy who ceased to talk, except when he’s snoring his ass off.

            “Jnel”

            “Yes?”

            He fished out something from his pocket. It was the chalk box I found in his car before. Is he going to tell me about the chalk and the stalker thing? I already knew it was Nathan. Remember that day I stumbled on Nathan’s locker, he admitted it was him. Why would all of the sudden Niall come up to it?

            “I know to whom that thing belongs?” he started.

            “Niall, I knew it.” I smiled at him.

            “You found out?” he asked his eyes gleamed with confusion.

            “It was Nathan, right?”

            “What?!” he stood up astonished of what I just said.

            “It was him.”

            I stated. He shook his head in disagreement. What’s wrong with him? I told him how I found out and his face tensed up. He was not buying my story.

            “It was not Nathan.”

What is wrong with Niall? I was about to explain again. But, the sound of approaching footsteps stopped me.

            “I thought you’re going home?”

            It was Nathan. His voice was a little bit strained. He was fuming. I noticed the death glare he sent to Niall before he tagged me out of the room. He was holding my hands too tight. We were walking towards the soccer field.

            “You’re hurting me.” I pulled my hands free from him. I could feel the bruise from where he held.

            “What did he tell you?” He asked. I flinched at the sound of his voice. He sounded like a mad man.