Finding The Truth

20/11/09 Morning

Welp, it was finally time to leave Kyoto behind and go back to Iwatodai. But if there was one interesting thing I saw today, it would be that capped teen sitting on the seat. “So. Junpei. How’d it go?” I deadpanned at that moment. We knew how this was going to end. Aki and Shinji passed by too, and they seemed to be pretty curious too. “I…I don’t want to talk about it.” His face fell in defeat.

“Uhuh. We all knew how it was going to end.” Shinji muttered, and it was at this moment that Yukari, Fuuka, Aigis and Alice came by. Yukari ignored him, though we could all feel the killer intent emanating from her. Fuuka disregarded him as well, walking past us very quickly. Aigis looked coldly at the capped teen, and proceeded to walk on after the two obviously ruffled girls. Alice regarded Junpei with a smile, and it pretty much said that she thought his attempt was amusing. From this I see Junpei didn’t get an opportunity to glimpse. Mitsuru strode past us with all haste, and the killer attempted wasn’t a shroud of malignant energy. She was practically drenching everyone that came close to her with it.

“Remind me never to try this again…” The defeated capped teen stood up groggily and walked towards the exit. Aki shrugged, and we followed after him after a few moments.

02/12/09 Late Night

December is my favourite month of the year. Yeah, completely off-topic, but I’m getting a huge freaking wracking in my head, and I’m questioning my ability to think during moments of insanity. “Minako! Moonlight Bridge, now!” She burst into the bedroom already loaded up with our weapons. “I know what you mean!” She handed me my arsenal and continued with, “We have to pull outta here now!”

With the purring of Pale Rider signalling the beginning of our ride, we set off for that accursed bridge with the wind whistling an ungodly, dare I say, melody, in my ears. We finally stopped. And everything was coming back to me in a flash.

“Fuck.”

I uttered, and I immediately began running to the scene between Alice and Aigis. Minako  followed after, and several other footsteps that I could only discern to be SEES from the number and the padding of Koromaru’s  paws came shortly after. “Stop!” Aigis began charging towards Alice once more with her battered body, and I managed to catch her in her rush, with my metal arm taking the brunt of the force. “Minato…!” Aigis looked up at me with worry. “Please, stop…” She broke away from my grip, stepping back cautiously.

I turned to face Alice. She stared at me with widened eyes. “Minato…”

I strode towards her, ignoring the cries of SEES behind me. “Alice…” The energy source I was sensing… it was definitely her. “…I’m sorry...” Alice collapsed into my arms, and I wasn’t sure how to react.

She remembered. Once more. No doubt whatever it was made her remember whatever it was she was supposed to do.

“We have to go back.” I mumbled to myself.

We arrived back at the antique shop, Alice and SEES members in tow.

Alice’s eyes fluttered open as she was laid down in a chair.

“Minato…” She looked around to see all the SEES members facing her. “You guys…”

“Please…” Mitsuru began, with a soft tone. “Can you explain what happened?” Alice nodded slowly. “I’m… I’m the Appriser. The bringer of the Fall.” Her hands were trembling visibly, and I knew it was a sign that she was trying to hold something back; tears. Mitsuru’s eyes widened. “You’re the…?” Mitsuru tried to calm herself down. “Can you tell us what exactly the end entails?”