Complications

27/07/09 Morning

“See ya later Minato-nii.” The bluenette waved with a small smile. “Later otouto.” I grinned back at Minato. Minato joined the track team, and it turned out that that was where he met one of his Social Links. Kaz, Rio and Yuko. They were always pretty fun to hang around, and they were some reliable friends.

Of course, with the track team comes the competitions. Because of the upcoming competitions, if you were a part of the team, you would be subjected to a training course. It was at the competitions that I met this guy called Hayase Mamoru. He was a determined guy, and almost beat me in a race the first time. Almost.

Minato probably won’t be coming back until late. And he’ll be tired. And he’s still gotta organise Tartarus explorations too. I rubbed the back of my head as I thought about the problems of being a Fool.

Speaking of Fools… I walked back to my room. I’m remembering the first time that I went to the Velvet Room… I said that the jester that was walking off the cliff was a stupid guy. I chuckled to myself. Doesn’t that hold true for me? I sighed as I went back to sleep. It was pretty early.

Well… Or I could go and visit the shrine to look for Koromaru. No. Sleep. After all the times that I woke up because of nightmares, I think I’m going to take as much sleep as I can get. Besides, I think it would be better if I waited to see if Ken would be at the shrine as well. Two in one would be awesome.

Afternoon

Naganaki Shrine. Peaceful as always. I’m actually excited for the summer festival that should be coming in some weeks. That’ll be nice. The peace was broken by the barks of a shiba-inu. The red-eyed canine padded over to me and looked especially happy as his tail kept on wagging. “Hey Koro-kun.” He barked a happy ‘hi’ in response. “Have you seen someone named Ken? Brown hair and eyes? Black hoodie and orange shirt?”

‘Yup!’ He barked. “Really? Where?” Koromaru replied with ‘I smell him coming now!’ I patted the white dog’s head. “Thanks Koro-kun.” He yipped happily and waited with me at the bench for Ken.

“You don’t have to wait with me.” I smiled down at the dog. He shook his head slightly, as if to say that he didn’t mind. “If you say so.”

On cue, the hoodie wearing brunette of the Justice Arcana made his way to the shrine. He looked around for something before going to the bell that sat near the offertory box. Koromaru ran over to Ken’s side and nuzzled his leg just after he finished praying, and…

Why are you leading him to me Koro-kun? “What’s up Koromaru-san?” He asked the dog as he stopped just in front of me. “You want me to meet him?” The shiba-inu barked an affirmative.

“Um…” I think… I should start by breaking the ice. “Do you like Featherman?” I asked with a grin. He was taken aback by the out of place question, sure. But his eyes were sparkling slightly with excitement. “Uh… No.” He looked off to the side.

“Come on. I can tell you like him. I do too.” Ken’s eyes widened with a whole lot of surprise. “Really? But that’s kid’s stuff… and…” He stuttered. “Yeah? So? Did you know that guys my age like magical ponies?” Now that was a priceless expression right there. I wish I had a camera. “Are you serious? Is that true?” I nodded vigorously.

“Yup. You shouldn’t be afraid to act like a kid. A kid acting like an adult makes you look more like a kid.” I explained. “…But… I…” I shrugged. “I haven’t even told you my name yet.” His eyes widened as he realised that he too did not introduce himself properly.

“I’m Yuki Makoto. But, you can just call me Makoto.” I smiled. “Oh…yeah! I’m Amada Ken! But since you said that… you can just call me Ken as well.” I nodded. “Sure Ken. So were you going to tell me the reason why you want to try acting mature?” I grinned.