Lost In Darkness

Dark Hour

“Thanks a lot, Minako,” I smiled as she pulled me into a hug. She really had done a great job beating down the Keres. I never would have imagined that she would’ve inherited the same skills as Philemon. Eternal White of all things? Well I’m glad that she got even stronger than I could ever imagine. It was just cool, like I thought she was. And literally too, since she’s primarily an Ice user.

It was like we were opposites. I liked using Fire and Dark while she liked using Ice and Light magic. Yet our personalities could actually be the same a lot of the time, funnily enough.

“It’s no problem, Minato-nii,” She smiled, back. “But how are we going to get back home?”

“Just hold on tight,” I replied with a grin, readying a small amount of SP so that we could teleport home.

Within barely a few milliseconds we were back in my bedroom. Quiet as ever, and the illusion was still there. Cool.

“I’m probably not going to get used to that any time soon…” Minako commented as she slipped her grip off me, albeit a bit shakily.

“For the person using it, it becomes pretty normal. Maybe you can get the same powers as me if you ask Philemon,” I smiled and shrugged.

If she could get those powers, then it would be a lot safer for her then… Being able to travel wherever you wanted in barely the blink of an eye, and to be able to wield the powers of illusion… Not to mention the powers of Double Up and the pocket dimensions, and lastly but not least… The capacity for knowledge that Odin gave me, the powers to find things amongst untruths…

It’s a whole slew of possibilities granted by these increases in power. Not to mention the fact that you can get past the level barrier and break through it by fighting all of them.

“You mean I could get the same powers as you!?” Minako squealed excitedly.

Oh right… I put a finger up to my lips to remind her that kaa-san was probably still asleep and she immediately put on a sheepish smile at that. “But yeah, if you ask you could probably give it a try. I’m sure he’ll say yes.”

Huh, it was almost like I was telling her to get permission for something from a teacher. That is kinda funny… “Are you sure, nii-san?” Minako asked with a child-like questioning expression.

“Yeah, I even asked him if it was okay for me to try to get someone else to do the same challenge I did,” I smiled back. “Surprisingly he said yeah…”

“Wait, who?” Minako asked.

“Me from another dimension. He’s a year younger than me and has an obsession with chocolate for some reason,” I rubbed the back of my head sheepishly.

“Huh, he sounds funny!” She giggled. “But… you’re also going to change the course of the future in that timeline too, aren’t you?”

That ending was too… it was too short. I still hate the fact that I gave him so inadequate of a goodbye… It was a huge regret on my part. No-one deserves a goodbye like that, or lack of goodbye for that matter. If not for that goodbye… I probably would have left unhindered.

“Nii-san? Are you okay?” Minako asked with worry glistening in her eyes.

I must have gotten all quiet and pensive from thinking about that. “As okay as I can be…” I sighed, sitting on my bed. “Sorry… can you leave me alone for now?”

Minako bit her lip but she didn’t leave. I sighed inwardly. It’s just another time that I appear like a wounded animal huh? “I’m not going to leave you like that,” She said with a determined tone.