Silent Musings

Blue flames and crackling red electricity licked at the hillside. I took the Avatar mask from off my face, eyeing Richard’s charred form. That was interesting… he’s certainly really aggressive. A lot more than before anyways.

I shook the remaining SP from my fingers, watching Richard struggle up to his feet. “So, do you give?” I asked with a low voice.

Richard glared at me before he growled, wiping off the blood that had trickled down from his mouth. “I give…” he said hesitantly. I smiled a little. Looks like that after that little show of power and complete and utter defeat he finally gave in to my request. I have cut it a bit close in regards to the Dark Hour, but it looks like I just made it.

“I’ll go join this group, or whatever!” he sighed as he finally stood up to full height. Looks like he’s joining SEES. And he has to go to school. I chuckled inwardly before replying.

“Haha, thanks,” I smiled before looking back to the gravestone. I wonder what Sally thinks about this? “I appreciate it, really,” I chuckled. Richard gave me an unamused look before brushing some of the dirt off his clothes and starting to walk.

“The only reason I’m joining is because I want to beat the shit out of you later,” Richard growled before starting to walk off.

…That was pleasant. I deadpanned at his back before deciding it just wasn’t worth it, and teleporting back to Tartarus.

I opened the door back into the little surveillance room and planted myself on the bed, seeing as Nyx was on the computer. “So, how’d it go?” she asked casually, turning around casually on the computer chair.

“Well, I’ve got at least one thing going for me… he’s gonna join SEES… hopefully,” I sighed. “Thing is though… I’ve just been wondering more about how things have been going lately. Maybe it’s just me being too careful though.”

“You can never be too careful, but there is such a thing as being too tense about everything,” Nyx said with a sing song voice. “Surely you can’t be getting cold feet about changing the future of everything in two Universes now?” she  asked, though the question I knew had an underlying tone in it that told me that she wasn’t feeling particularly happy about everything now as well.

Especially since there’s still what I have to do at the end.

“I suppose not, but it just feels like something’s going to go really wrong… something I’m not going to like,” I groaned as I imagined what could possibly happen. I don’t know why this feeling of foreboding only came about so recently but… it was just like that. And it wasn’t by Nyarlathotep’s influence, I don’t think. Could be wrong, but…

“I guess we’ll just have to deal with it when it comes,” Nyx said nonchalantly. I felt like there was something I was missing from what she said… Maybe like something I just couldn’t, or didn’t hear in that statement of hers.

“I guess… I can’t really worry about it now,” I closed my eyes and grabbed about a few minutes before the next hour passed. Now I could feel several presences coming towards Tartarus. Looks like they’re back this time.

There’s Mitsuru, Akihiko, Minato, Yukari, Junpei and Richard. Looks like I won’t have to call him out for not coming. That’s nice. Especially since I kinda don’t feel like Armageddon-ing right now. Even if that spell is fun to use and powerful.

Three knocks on the door.

I opened it and saw Minato. “Yo. ‘sup?” I asked cordially.

“Um… Richard?” he deadpanned at me, pointing his thumb over to the Universe wielder. I guess he would be curious.