Reshuffle

30/01/10 Dark Hour

“Hey Nyx… When we meet up tomorrow I need you to do me a favour.” I whispered quietly to her.

“What kind?” She asked with a smile on her face.

The words that I spoke to her had definitely hit her once I had let them out, and it was no wonder why. Seemed like the craziest idea that I had in the longest time. I think it might’ve been actually. Maybe you thought I had gotten tired… To be honest, I am. But that isn’t going to stop me from changing everything that I can. I’m too selfish to let Fate run her course. She’s run me for too long. It’s my turn.

“Minato… you’re sure about this I suppose. I can see why you want to do it. Alright. I can try. Luckily I should be at full power on the Promised Day tomorrow so all you have to do is ask once you meet up with me.” Nyx explained what I had to do. It was simple. Now, all I have to do is wait… Oh right. I still haven’t told people about the Reaper yet. Almost forgot about that. I chuckled awkwardly to myself before falling asleep with my head on her lap again.

31/01/10 Late Night

I was just getting dressed into my Reaper clothes. No doubt they were all going to be in for a huge surprise… I can’t wait to see the looks of surprise on their faces! I grinned to myself before the Dark Hour struck, and I teleported to Tartarus. Before musing about the fact that the thought I just had earlier sounded scarily like my Shadow. Ok, ok. I guess he is really my Shadow sometimes.

Dark Hour

The team had reached the top of the Adamah block where the entrance to the top of the tower was. There were so many damned… crystals everywhere! It was too bright for my liking as well. Ugh. Isn’t there a function so that I can change the brightness of light in the room?

A moment of silence.

Okay, I guess not. Figures. Tartarus should have that installed sometime.

Footsteps.

Lifting myself up off the swivel chair which I had teleported into, secretly missing the fact that I could have tried that evil villain thing. Oh, they’re not here yet so…

Settling myself back down into the chair, I turned on it and faced the stairs where they were filing in. Needless to say, there were blinks of surprise and other such things. Minato was busy marvelling how I got my swivel chair here. So unrelated, but that’s pretty eye-catching isn’t it?

“What’s the Reaper doing here?” Junpei asked as he eyed me suspiciously. Oh, this takes me back to the first time that this happened. He was wondering back then as well.

I snapped my fingers to dispel the illusion of me that I had planted to go along with them. They all thought it was me, I can tell. Once it vanished, flustered looks went around as all of them save Richard and Minato wondered where ‘I’ went.

“I just wanted to say…” I grinned at each of them as they waited for what I was about to say. “I have fooled almost all of you for about ten months!” I chuckled as I took off my hat and the bandages, my laugh only becoming louder as silence permeated among the members of SEES.

They were all like this last time too… I can see the looks of confusion, vivid in my memory.

I grinned at all of them, waiting for their delayed reactions.

Minato sighed, saying something that got everyone’s attention. “You still haven’t explained a few things to them, you know. Firstly, why you’ve been doing this, second. That reason, and last… what you’re going to be doing when Nyx comes around.” He listed them off casually.