CHAPTER 3

Loud continuous thuds pulled me out of my deep sleep. I groan and place the pillow over my head, trying to block the sound. It finally stops and I smile going back to a dreamless sleep. When I am on the verge of falling asleep, three other thuds pierce through my ears. Whoever or whatever is doing this will pay the price. The bangs continue until I realise that someone is knocking at the door. My eyes jolt open and I glance at the time. It is four thirty in the morning, who is awake at that time? I get up from my bed and open the door. A tall male figure stands in the doorway. A familiar one, though. Harry.

“Harry,” I whisper, looking back at Alice to find her sleeping like a little baby. Well, she is hard to wake up. “What are you doing here?”

“I’m glad to see you too, Aussie.” He laughs loudly. I can smell the alcohol in his breath.

“Are you drunk?” I ask, closing the door behind me.

“No, I’ve just had a couple drinks.” He stumbles on his own feet. He is definitely drunk.

“Harry, go home, you’re drunk.”

His face falls in a frown but suddenly comes back into a large smirk. He approaches me and places one of his hands in the small of my back, pulling me close to him. I place my hand on his chest trying to make as much distance between us as possible.

“Harry,” I beg and he frowns, letting me go. “You should really go home.”

“I can’t,” he says, rocking up and down on his feet.

“Why?” I ask.

“I’m drunk, Lucy.” He explains and I sigh. Of course, he is drunk and he can’t find his way home.

“Do you know your address at least?” I breathe and he nods.

“All right, wait here.” I instruct.

I go back into my dorm and put on my low-tops Converse. I grab my sweater, cell phone and keys and make my way out. But before I could reach the door, I see my reflection in the mirror. I am only wearing a tank top with mini shorts. Is it too revealing for Harry to see? Oh whatever, he is drunk.

I exit my dorm to find Harry sitting on the ground with his back pressed against my neighbour’s door. I lock my door and help him up. He tells me his address and to be honest, I have no clue where that is. But, he is on the east side which is across campus. Great, just great. It is almost five in the morning, it is cold, I have no idea where I am going, I am in possession of an intoxicated young adult next to me and I have to drag him to his room.

Harry’s arm is over my shoulder to steady his walking. He trips over his own feet a couple of times, he laughs alone and starts singing a random song from the nineteen eighty’s. Almost all of his weight is on my shoulders and it hurts like hell.

“Harry, can you at least help me and put some weigh on your own feet?” I whine and feel some pressure leave my shoulders. “Thank you.”

He continues to sing his lame songs until we are on the east side. Though, now I have no idea where to go and Harry has to help me.

“What is your block again?” I ask.

“Hum… E, I think.” He stutters.

“You think? Harry! You have to be sure. I won’t go around campus to know where you live.” I complain.

He closes his eyes, “I am sure, it is block E, room twelve.”

I nod and he opens his eyes. We start making our way down the street until I see a map of the east side. I inspect it and search for where block E is. I finally found it and calculate that it is approximately ten other minutes. I sigh and we start walking in the right direction.