CHAPTER 16

Harry’s eyes grow wide as he scans his phone. He hesitates before declining the call and throwing his phone in the back. I try to hide the smile curling up on my lips by biting on my nails and look out the window. It’s been a while since we got in the car and my legs are beginning to fall asleep. I hate being in cars for so long, they killed my parents. Well, not exactly.

“Are we almost there yet?” I whine, pulling my sunglasses over my head.

“Yeah, fifteen more minutes.” He smiles and grabs onto the steering wheel.

I nod and turn up the radio when one of my favourite songs comes on. Harry smiles when I start humming along and tap my finger on my thigh to the beat of the song.

“You like One Republic?” he asks after the song ends.

“Yeah,” I smile.

“What’s your favourite song?”

“This one.” I point to the radio.

“Counting Stars?”

I nod and smile. Wow, I didn’t think Harry would be into One Republic. He smiles back and turns his attention to the road. I really want to know where we are going, but I’ve never went this far out of town. The rest of the ride was silent until Harry pulled into a deserted parking lot. To be honest, the place doesn’t ring a bell. I don’t even know if we are on the east, west, north or south side of the city. Are we even still in London?

“Um, Harry, where are we?” I ask as he turns off the engine.

He doesn’t reply verbally, instead, he gives me a smile and exits his car. He jogs over to my side an open the door for me. I step outside, mumbling a thank you to Harry and putting on my sunglasses. The sun is a little brighter here, but the wind is colder, enough to make goose bumps appear on my bare arms.  Harry locks his doors and I follow him when he starts walking across the parking lot. When we reach the edge of the lot, I look across and notice we are at the beach.

“Why are we at the beach, Harry?” I ask, crossing my arms over my chest.

“Stop talking and follow me.” He instructs, jumping off the little cliff of two meters.

Does he expect me to jump off of this? It is way too high and my ankles are not the best strength. I will probably end up trampling my ankle which is not a good time. I have the auditions in less than a week and I haven’t even started practicing my routine. Stupid Harry, he distracted me and I completely forgot about the dancing auditions. No, this isn’t Harry’s fault. It’s all mine. I am a mature adult and it was my responsibility to keep track of my schedule.

“I am not jumping off of this.” I spit, causing a smirk to appear in Harry’s face.

“I’ll catch you,” he extends his arms. “Trust me.”

A loud sigh escape my mouth before I sit on the edge and look at Harry deep into his eyes. He better catch me, or else I swear to God he will regret it. He nods and I close my eyes, pushing myself off the edge.

“You can open your eyes now.” Harry’s chest vibrates as he chuckles.

I open my eyes and realise Harry is holding me bridal style. I am so happy he actually caught me, trusting people is one of the things I have most difficulty to do. Harry has a wild smirk plastered on his face while he is still holding me. Before I know what is actually happening, Harry is slowly leaning into me. Oh no, not right now. I clear my throat and struggle out of his grip.

“Um, thanks.” I awkwardly say, looking at the ground.

Harry lets out a soft chuckle, “Come on.”