CHAPTER 35

It was January fifth and I was getting ready to go shopping with Tyler. After I slipped on my warm hoodie, I took my phone and called a cab. He said he would be there in ten minutes. I then went in the bathroom, bushed my teeth, applied a little more mascara and put my glasses on. I sprayed a little of fragrance in the air and walked in the cloud of perfume. I took one last look at myself before knocking on Tyler’s door. He opened it and I told him the cab would be there any time soon. He nodded and I started walking away but he held me back.

“When are you going to tell Harry about going back home?” he asked. “I know you didn’t tell Harry yet.”

“What did she not tell me?” Harry’s voice startled me as I turned around.

He was leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed over his chest. Light grey sweats hung low on his hips and the black band of his boxers peered from the top. His chest was bare and his curls were all over the place. His pink lips were slightly swollen and his eyes were red and puffy. It was just passed nine in the morning and Harry had just woken up from a busy night.

“Earth to Lucy.” Harry waved his hand in front of my face. “What did you not tell me?”

“Um…” I looked at Tyler and he just nodded. “Tyler and I are, um, we’re going back to Australia.”

“When?” he asked, his muscles had tensed up a bit.

“N-next week,”

“What? I thought you were just going back after Uni.” He snapped.

“I know but now that my Aunt is dead and I’m legal, I can go back to Australia. All Tyler and I want is to go back home.”

“What about me, huh? Don’t you give a shit about me?” he shouted.

“Of course I do, Harry, and you know that. It has nothing to do with you.”

“Why are you leaving me then? If you would give a shit about me you wouldn’t leave me.”

“I’m sorry, it’s just that I have to take care of my brother and our home isn’t in England, it’s in Australia.” I explained.

“Fine then, just fucking leave, it’s not like you’re a big loss anyway.”

I gasped and the tears immediately started spilling. “I hate you.” I said through gritted teeth and grabbed Tyler, dragging him out of the apartment.

Once we were out, the cab arrived at the same time and we both entered. I told the man where we wanted to go in between sobs and he started driving. Tears continued to spill out of my eyes as I looked outside of the window. Tyler rested his hand on my thigh and I placed my hand on top of his. I knew he felt guilty about it because he’s the one who brought it up, but it wasn’t his fault. It was mine. I should’ve told Harry everything from the start instead of him finding out that way. But what he said really hurt me and crushed me to pieces. I didn’t mean it when I said I hated him, but at the same time I did. I loved him, don’t get me wrong, but I hated him for telling me that.

It’s not like you’re a big loss anyway.

I cracked a sob and the driver looked back at me and asked Tyler if I was all right. Tyler simply nodded and rubbed my back in circles. When the cab came into a stop in front of the mall, I paid him and wiped the excessive makeup under my eye, along with the tears. I forced myself to let the tears in and walked in the mall with Tyler. Since I had some extra money from the over-time I did yesterday, I spent it on Tyler. I bought him Grand Theft Auto V and Call of Duty Ghosts for his Xbox. I bought myself some new shoes and a cute floral dress. Around eleven, we were both exhausted so we left the mall and walked to the restaurant across the street. Once we ate, we walked to a small lake a few streets away and sat on the bench.