CHAPTER 36

I stood next to Harry as his eyes started to slowly open. He groaned and I sat on his bed, taking his hand in mine. He looked at me and at his surroundings.

“Am I dead?” he asked.

“No.” I smiled.

I squeezed his hand and brought it up to my lips, leaving a sweet kiss on them. He moved his hand to cup my cheek and he smiled. I smiled back.

“Who are you?” he asked.

My heart fell to the pit of my stomach. He didn’t remember me. My mouth opened but words didn’t come out. I felt my eyes starting to water until Harry cracked a grin.

“I was just kidding baby. Come here.” He said and opened his arms.

I lied down next to him and curled up into his side. He played in my hair while I was being careful not to touch his ribs. Finally, the doctors said they weren’t fractured. The bullet had only gone in the flesh and that was because something interrupted the impact.

“I missed you so much.” I whispered.

“I missed you too.” He said. “How long was I out?”

“Two days and a half,” he didn’t say anything back so I said, “I love you so, so much.”

“I love you too baby.” He kissed my forehead.

“How was it like to sleep for so long?” I joked.

“It was awesome.” He smiled.

“Oh, I think there’s someone you’d like to see. Hold on.”

I got up from the bed, kissed his cheek, exited his room and found the brunette asleep on a chair. I shook her and she woke up.

“He’s awake.” I smiled.

*Harry’s POV*

My ribs were hurting so fucking damn much. After Lucy left the room, I pressed the button for the nurse to come and she arrived before Lucy did. She gave me painkillers and left. It had been five minutes since Lucy left and she hadn’t come back yet. But, thirty seconds later, she opened the door. She entered and behind her a tall brunette with a warm smile followed. She seemed so familiar—

“Mum?”

“Oh, Harry, my baby, I was so worried.” She rushed by my side and kissed my face. She hadn’t changed one bit. “I missed you so much.”

“How did you find me?”

“Your girlfriend called me two days ago and I was at the hospital ever since. Oh Hazza, I’m so happy to see you.”

“I’m happy to see you too mum. I missed you so fucking much.” I let the words slip out of my mouth but I didn’t want to take it back because it was the truth.  I turned to Lucy who was smiling and tears were running down her cheeks. “Hey baby, you mind leaving us a minute?” I asked.

“Of course not.” She smiled and left the room.

My mother sat on the side of my bed and held my hand. She caressed it against her cheek and hummed. “Your hands are still so soft.” She shed a tear.

“Mum, please don’t cry, you know I hate seeing you cry.” I told her and she nodded, brushing the tear away. “How are you and Robin?”

“We’re doing great. We’re married and we moved in together.”

“That’s why you were never home.”

“What?”

“A year and a half later after I went away, I tried coming back home but you were never there,” I explained.

“You tried coming back home?”

“Of course,”

She smiled and then we started to tell each other how sorry we were to walk out on each other in such a difficult time. We talked about how our lives were going and basic stuff. I told her how I met Lucy and how I really loved her and after I was finished saying that she said something that took me off guard.

“Please tell me you’re moving to Australia with her.”

How does she know about that?

Lucy.

She continued, “come on, Hazza, that’s what you need. You need a fresh start. You need to start all over again and that’s the best place you can do that, with her.”

“I don’t know, mum. What about you in all of this?”

“I have Robin and we can still video chat, talk on the phone and we can also visit each other sometimes.” She replied. “Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine. Worry about yourself. Don’t you want to forget all of this?”

I nodded. “I do.”

“Then think about it, Harry. Really, think about it.”

*1 Year Later—Lucy’s POV*

“Hey babe, have you seen my cellphone?” I called.

“It’s on the kitchen counter next to mine.” Harry answered.

I grabbed it and then went back to the couch. I sat on Harry’s lap and kissed his lips. He grabbed my waist and I played in his curls. The sun peered through the large window—that didn’t have curtains yet—and onto our faces.

“Where’s Ty?” I asked.

“He’s gone with Avila.”

I nodded and kissed his lips again. “Isn’t it nice to finally have a house of our own?”

“Fuck yeah, especially on the side of the beach.”

“In Australia,” I smiled.

He kissed my lips gently. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” I replied. “Now come, I want to show you something.”

I grabbed his wrist and tugged him outside the house and onto our “private beach”. We sat down on the sand and cuddled together and watched the beautiful sun set over the water.

“What was it you wanted to show me?”

“Just how beautiful the sunset is,” I smiled.

We both looked at the horizon and at the contrast of the beautiful colors. The everlasting colors eventually faded out with time as Harry and I stayed wrapped in each other’s arms. Forever.

--

THE END.